Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- CDC guideline for prescribing opioids for chronic pain—United States, 2016.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2016; 65: 1-49
- CDC WONDER.CDC, National Center for Health Statistics, Atlanta, GA2017http://wonder.cdc.govDate accessed: February 20, 2019
- Drug overdose deaths—Florida, 2003–2009.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 869-872
- Decline in drug overdose deaths after state policy changes – Florida, 2010-2012.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 569-574
Prescription drug monitoring program. Florida Statute §893.055 (2019).www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0800-0899/0893/Sections/0893.055.html. Accessed November 18, 2019.
- et al. Association between prescription drug monitoring programs and nonfatal and fatal drug overdoses: a systematic review.Ann Intern Med. 2018; 168: 783-790
- Mandatory provider review and pain clinic laws reduce the amounts of opioids prescribed and overdose death rates.Health Aff (Millwood). 2016; 35: 1876-1883
- Opioid overdose deaths and Florida's crackdown on pill mills.Am J Public Health. 2016; 106: 291-297
- The law of unintended consequences: illicit for licit narcotic substitution.West J Emerg Med. 2014; 15: 561-563
- Assessing the accuracy of opioid overdose and poisoning codes in diagnostic information from electronic health records, claims data, and death records.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2017; 26: 509-517
- Four states with robust prescription drug monitoring programs reduced opioid dosages.Health Aff (Millwood). 2018; 37: 964-974
- Effects of mandatory prescription drug monitoring program (PDMP) use laws on prescriber registration and use and on risky prescribing.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2019; 199: 1-9
- Prescription Drug Monitoring Program Mandates: impact on opioid prescribing and related hospital use.Health Aff (Millwood). 2019; 38: 1550-1556
- Prescription drug monitoring programs and death rates from drug overdose.Pain Med. 2011; 12: 747-754