Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Encuesta Nacional de Salud y nutrición de medio camino 2016.2017www.insp.mx/images/stories/2017/Avisos/docs/180315_encuesta_nacional_de_salud_y_nutricion_de_medio_Ca.pdf(Published)Date accessed: March 2, 2017
- Noncommunicable Diseases (NCD) Country Profiles: Mexico. 2016.2018www.who.int/nmh/countries/mex_en.pdf?ua=1(Published)Date accessed: December 28, 2019
UN. World Urbanization Prospects: The 2014 revision - highlights. Statistical Papers - United Nations (Ser. A), Population and Vital Statistics Report. https://doi.org/10.18356/527e5125-en.
- The associations between urbanicity and physical activity and sitting time in Mexico.J Phys Act Health. 2017; 14: 189-194
- Encuesta nacional de seguridad pública urbana.2019www.beta.inegi.org.mx/programas/ensu/(Updated October 16)Date accessed: December 11, 2017
- Encuesta nacional de victimización y percepción sobre salud pública.2018www.beta.inegi.org.mx/contenidos/programas/envipe/2018/doc/envipe2018_presentacion_nacional.pdf(Published)Date accessed: May 13, 2019
- Encuesta Nacional de Victimización y Percepción sobre Seguridad Pública (ENVIPE) 2018.2016www.beta.inegi.org.mx/programas/envipe/2018/(Published)Date accessed: April 12, 2019
- Crime, perceived safety, and physical activity: a meta-analysis.Prev Med. 2018; 111: 307-313
- Physical activity and safety from crime among adults: a systematic review.J Phys Act Health. 2016; 13: 663-670
- Are safety-related features of the road environment associated with smaller declines in physical activity among youth?.J Urban Health. 2010; 87: 29-43
- Crime and perceptions of safety in the home neighborhood are independently associated with physical activity among 11–15 year olds.Prev Med. 2014; 66: 113-117
- Association between urbanicity and physical activity in Mexican adolescents: the use of a composite urbanicity measure.PLoS One. 2018; 13e0204739
- Municipal Life Quality Index, 2015.2017www.ine.mx/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/DECEyEC_Calidad_vida_mpal_baja.pdf(Published)Date accessed: August 7, 2018
- Encuesta nacional de victimización y percepción sobre seguridad pública (ENVIPE) 2018.2017 (Estándar de datos abiertos)www.inegi.org.mx/programas/envipe/2018/default.html#Datos_abiertos(Published)Date accessed: May 5, 2017
- A systematic review of reliability and objective criterion-related validity of physical activity questionnaires.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2012; 9: 103
- Is it possible to assess free-living physical activity and energy expenditure in young people by self-report?.Am J Clin Nutr. 2009; 89: 862-870
- 2011 Compendium of physical activities: a second update of codes and MET values.Med Sci Sport Exerc. 2011; 43: 1575-1581
University of Cambridge. Youth physical activity questionnaire.www.mrc-epid.cam.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/YPAQ.pdf. Published 2009. Accessed April 7, 2017.
- Neighborhood environment walkability scale–youth (NEWS–Y).2009https://activelivingresearch.org/neighborhood-environment-walkability-scale-youth-news-y(Published)Date accessed: September 1, 2019
Sallis JF. Neighborhood Environment Walkability Scale – Youth (NEWS-Y). https://activelivingresearch.org/sites/activelivingresearch.org/files/NEWS-Yadolescent.pdf. Published 2009. Accessed December 17, 2016.
- Neighborhood Environment Walkability Scale for Youth (NEWS–Y): reliability and relationship with physical activity.Prev Med. 2009; 49: 213-218
- Multiple imputation after 18+ years.J Am Stat Assoc. 1996; 91: 473-489
WHO. BMI-for-age (5–19 years). www.who.int/growthref/who2007_bmi_for_age/en/. Accessed December 16, 2019.
- Linear regression models with logarithmic transformations.2011https://kenbenoit.net/assets/courses/ME104/logmodels2.pdf(Published)Date accessed: February 13, 2017
- Prevalence of university students’ sufficient physical activity: a systematic review.Percept Mot Skills. 2004; 98: 927-943
WHO. Physical activity and women. www.who.int/dietphysicalactivity/factsheet_women/en/. Accessed May 2, 2018.
- Physical inactivity prevalence and trends among Mexican adults: results from the National Health and Nutrition Survey (ENSANUT) 2006 and 2012.BMC Public Health. 2013; 13: 1063
- Multilevel correlates of physical activity for early, mid, and late adolescent girls.J Phys Act Health. 2014; 11: 950-960
- Adolescent girls’ perceived barriers to participation in physical activity.Adolescence. 2006; 41: 75-89https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16689442Date accessed: May 10, 2018
- Accelerometer-based physical activity levels among Mexican adults and their relation with sociodemographic characteristics and BMI: a cross-sectional study.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2015; 12: 79
- Invertir para movernos:diagnóstico de inversión en movilidad en las zonas metropolitanas 2011-2015. México; 2016.2016http://mexico.itdp.org/wp-content/uploads/Invertir_para_Movernos_2015.pdf(Published)Date accessed: June 24, 2019
- Measuring the built environment for physical activity: state of the science.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 36: S99-S123.e12