Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Impact of knowledge of health conditions on sugar-sweetened beverage intake varies among U.S. adults.Am J Health Promot. 2018; 32: 1402-1408
- Dietary and policy priorities for cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and obesity: a comprehensive review.Circulation. 2016; 133: 187-225
- Association between dietary factors and mortality from heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes in the United States.JAMA. 2017; 317: 912-924
- Etiologic effects and optimal intakes of foods and nutrients for risk of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes: systematic reviews and meta-analyses from the Nutrition and Chronic Diseases Expert Group (NutriCode).PLoS One. 2017; 12e0175149
- Sugar-sweetened beverages and weight gain in children and adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Clin Nutr. 2013; 98: 1084-1102
- Cost-effectiveness of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration added sugar labeling policy for improving diet and health.Circulation. 2019; 139: 2613-2624
- Consumption of added sugars among U.S. children and adults by food purchase location and food source.Am J Clin Nutr. 2014; 100: 901-907
- The influence of sugar-sweetened beverage health warning labels on parents’ choices.Pediatrics. 2016; 137e20153185
- The influence of sugar-sweetened beverage warnings a randomized trial of adolescents’ choices and beliefs.Am J Prev Med. 2016; 51: 664-672
- The effect of graphic warnings on sugary-drink purchasing.Psychol Sci. 2018; 29: 1321-1333
City & Cty. of S.F., Cal., Health Code art. 42, div. I, § 4203 (2015).
Am. Bev. Ass'n v. City & Cty. of San Francisco, 871 F.3d 884 (9th Cir. 2017).
Zauderer v. Office of Disc. Counsel, 471 U.S. 626 (1985).
National Elec. Mfrs. Ass'n v. Sorrell, 272 F.3d 104 (2nd Cir. 2001).
Discount Tobacco City & Lottery, Inc. v. United States, 674 F.3d 509 (6th Cir. 2012).
National Rest. Assn. v New York City Dept. of Health & Mental Hygiene, 148 A.D.3d 169 (N.Y. App. Div. 2017).
CTIA-The Wireless Ass'n v. City of Berkeley, 928 F.3d 832 (9th Cir. 2019).
Am. Bev. Ass'n v. City & Cty. of San Francisco, 916 F.3d 749 (9th Cir. 2019) (majority opinion).
Nat'l Inst. of Family & Life Advocates (NIFLA) v. Becerra, 138 S. Ct. 2361 (2018).
- Abortion disclosure laws and the First Amendment: the broader public health implications of the Supreme Court's Becerra decision.Am J Public Health. 2019; 109: 412-418
Am. Bev. Ass'n v. City & Cty. of San Francisco, 916 F.3d 749, 758-769 (9th Cir. 2019) (concurring opinions).
Public Health Cigarette Smoking Act of 1969., 84 Stat. 87, 91 P.L. 222 (April 1, 1970).
Milavetz, Gallop & Milavetz PA, et al. v. United States, 559 U.S. 229 (2010).
- Outstanding questions in First Amendment law related to food labeling disclosure requirements for health.Health Aff (Millwood). 2015; 34: 1986-1992
Nat. Association of Wheat Growers v. Zeise. 309 F. Supp. 3d 842 (E.D. Cal. 2018).
Am. Meat Inst. v. U.S. Dep't of Agric., 760 F.3d 18 (2014).
- Constitutional Gerrymandering against Abortion Rights: NIFLA v. Becerra.NY Univ Law Rev. 2019; 94: 61-124https://www.nyulawreview.org/issues/volume-94-number-1/constitutional-gerrymandering-against-abortion-rights-nifla-v-becerra/Date accessed: February 2, 2020
Ibanez v. Florida Dept. of Business & Professional Regulation, 512 U.S. 136 (1994)
Public Citizen v. La. Atty. Disciplinary Bd., 632 F.3d 212 (5th Cir. 2011).
Loan Payment Admin, LLC v. Hubanks, 2015. U.S. Dist. LEXIS 32897 (N.D.Cal. March 17, 2015) aff'd, Nationwide Biweekly Admin., Inc. v. Owen, 873 F.3d 716 (9th Cir 2017).
- Can the government require health warnings on sugar-sweetened beverage advertisements?.JAMA. 2018; 319: 227-228
Sorrell v. IMS. Health Inc., 564 U.S. 552 (2011).
R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. v. FDA, 696 F.3d 1205 (D.C. Cir. 2012).