Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Trends in obesity and severe obesity prevalence in U.S. youth and adults by sex and age, 2007-2008 to 2015-2016.JAMA. 2018; 319: 1723-1725
- Deaths: leading causes for 2017.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2019; 68 (https://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/79488. Accessed February 1, 2020): 1-77
- Association of BMI with overall and cause-specific mortality: a population-based cohort study of 3.6 million adults in the UK.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2018; 6: 944-953
Jensen MD, Ryan DH, Apovian CM, et al. 2013 AHA/ACC/TOS guideline for the management of overweight and obesity in adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines and the Obesity Society. Circulation. 2014;129(25 suppl 2):S102–S138. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.cir.0000437739.71477.ee.
- The 5As team patient study: patient perspectives on the role of primary care in obesity management.BMC Fam Pract. 2017; 18: 19
- Satisfaction with primary care provider involvement is associated with greater weight loss: results from the practice-based POWER trial.Patient Educ Couns. 2015; 98: 1099-1105
- Who reports receiving advice to lose weight? Results from a multistate survey.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 2334-2339
- Perceived weight status, overweight diagnosis, and weight control among US adults: the NHANES 2003-2008 Study.Int J Obes (Lond). 2011; 35: 1063-1070
- The influence of physician acknowledgment of patients’ weight status on patient perceptions of overweight and obesity in the United States.Arch Intern Med. 2011; 171: 316-321
- From “overweight” to “about right”: evidence of a generational shift in body weight norms.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2010; 18: 1226-1234
- Are health care professionals advising obese patients to lose weight.JAMA. 1999; 282: 1576-1578
- The epidemiology of weight counseling for adults in the United States: a case of positive deviance.Int J Obes (Lond). 2013; 37: 751-753
- A silent response to the obesity epidemic: decline in U.S. physician weight counseling.Med Care. 2013; 51: 186-192
- Trends in obesity-related counseling in primary care: 1995-2004.Med Care. 2007; 45: 322-329
- Trends and disparities in the prevalence of physicians’ counseling on diet and nutrition among the U.S. adult population, 2000-2011.Prev Med. 2016; 89: 70-75
- Trends in professional advice to lose weight among obese adults, 1994 to 2000.J Gen Intern Med. 2005; 20: 814-818
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)–a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/data/yrbs/index.htm. Updated June 14, 2018. Accessed April 16, 2019.
- Effect of recruitment methods on response rate in a web-based study for primary care physicians: factorial randomized controlled trial.J Med Internet Res. 2018; 20: e28
- Electronic medical record–based cohort selection and direct-to-patient, targeted recruitment: early efficacy and lessons learned.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2019; 26: 1209-1217
- Recruiting for a pragmatic trial using the electronic health record and patient portal: successes and lessons learned.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2019; 26: 44-49
- Attempts to lose weight among adults in the United States, 2013–2016.National Center for Health Statistics, NCHS Data Brief, no 313, Hyattsville, MD2018 (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db313.pdf. Accessed February 1, 2020)
- Why do college graduates behave more healthfully than those who are less educated.J Health Soc Behav. 2017; 58: 291-306
- Obesity, health at every size, and public health policy.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: e60-e67
- Achieving a nationwide learning health system.Sci Transl Med. 2010; 2 (57cm29.https://doi.org/10.1126/scitranslmed.3001456)
- The transtheoretical model of health behavior change.Am J Health Promot. 1997; 12: 38-48