Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 301 acute and chronic diseases and injuries in 188 countries, 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013.Lancet. 2015; 386: 743-800
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM).5th edition. American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC2013
- Results from the 2017 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: detailed tables.Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Center for Behavioral Health Statistics, Rockville, MDPublished September 7, 2018https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/cbhsq-reports/NSDUHDetailedTabs2017/NSDUHDetailedTabs2017.pdf(Accessed March 6, 2020)Date accessed: March 6, 2020
- Recall of recent and more remote depressive episodes in a prospective cohort study.Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2012; 47: 691-696
- Accuracy of reports of lifetime mental and physical disorders: results from the Baltimore Epidemiological Catchment Area study.JAMA Psychiatry. 2014; 71: 273-280
- Epidemiology of major depressive disorder: results from the National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcoholism and Related Conditions.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2005; 62: 1097-1106
- Lifetime prevalence and age-of-onset distributions of DSM-IV disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2005; 62: 593-602
- Approaches to measuring multi-dimensional constructs across the life course: operationalizing depression over the lifespan.in: Walford G Tucker E Viswanathan M The SAGE Handbook of Measurement. SAGE, Inc, London, UK2010: 239-264
- Recall bias can be a threat to retrospective and prospective research designs.Internet J Epidemiol. 2005; 3: 1-7https://print.ispub.com/api/0/ispub-article/13060Date accessed: April 3, 2020
- System dynamics modeling for public health: background and opportunities.Am J Public Health. 2006; 96: 452-458
- Causal thinking and complex system approaches in epidemiology.Int J Epidemiol. 2010; 39: 97-106
- Lifetime prevalence estimates of major depression: an indirect estimation method and a quantification of recall bias.Eur J Epidemiol. 2005; 20: 103-111
- Simulation studies of age-specific lifetime major depression prevalence.BMC Psychiatry. 2010; 10: 85
- Population-based study of first onset and chronicity in major depressive disorder.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2008; 65: 513-520
- Sex differences in recent first-onset depression in an epidemiological sample of adolescents.Transl Psychiatry. 2017; 7: e1139
- 2017 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: public use file codebook.Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Rockville, MDPublished October 23, 2018http://samhda.s3-us-gov-west-1.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/field-uploads-protected/studies/NSDUH-2017/NSDUH-2017-datasets/NSDUH-2017-DS0001/NSDUH-2017-DS0001-info/NSDUH-2017-DS0001-info-codebook.pdf(Accessed March 6, 2020)
- 2014 National population projections datasets.U.S. Census Bureau, Suitland Silver-Hill, MDPublished December 2014www.census.gov/data/datasets/2014/demo/popproj/2014-popproj.htmlDate accessed: October 15, 2016
- Natural history of diagnostic interview schedule/DSM-IV major depression: the Baltimore epidemiologic catchment area follow-up.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1997; 54: 993-999
- Recovery from major depression: a 10-year prospective follow-up across multiple episodes.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1997; 54: 1001-1006
- Mental health stigma.Econ Lett. 2017; 159: 57-60
- A comparison of self-report and clinical diagnostic interviews for depression: diagnostic interview schedule and schedules for clinical assessment in neuropsychiatry in the Baltimore Epidemiologic Catchment Area follow-up.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2000; 57: 217-222
- Mortality in mental disorders and global disease burden implications: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA Psychiatry. 2015; 72: 334-341
- Burden of depressive disorders by country, sex, age, and year: findings from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010.PLoS Med. 2013; 10e1001547
R Core Team, R: A language and environment for statistical computing. Vienna, Austria: R Foundation for Statistical Computing, 2015. www.R-project.org/. Accessed December 23, 2017.
- Depression in Children and Young People: Identification and Management in Primary, Community and Secondary Care.The British Psychological Society, The Royal College of Psychiatrists, Leicester, UK2005
- Comparison of three methods for selecting values of input variables in the analysis of output from a computer code.Technometrics. 1979; 21: 239-245
Chalom A, de Prado PIKL. pse: parameter space exploration with Latin Hypercubes. R package version 0.4.7. https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/pse/pse.pdf. Published June 11, 2017. Accessed January 31, 2018.
- How common are common mental disorders? Evidence that lifetime prevalence rates are doubled by prospective versus retrospective ascertainment.Psychol Med. 2010; 40: 899-909
- Prevalence and incidence of depressive disorder: the Baltimore ECA follow-up, 1981-2004.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2007; 116: 182-188
- Emotional experience improves with age: evidence based on over 10 years of experience sampling.Psychol Aging. 2011; 26: 21-33
- Minor and major depression and the risk of death in older persons.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1999; 56: 889-895
- Age, period, and cohort trends in mood disorder indicators and suicide-related outcomes in a nationally representative dataset, 2005–2017.J Abnorm Psychol. 2019; 128: 185-199
- Simulation modelling in mental health: a systematic review.J Simul. 2018; 12: 76-85
- Predictors of remission from generalized anxiety disorder and major depressive disorder.J Affect Disord. 2017; 208: 467-474
Major depression. National Institute of Mental Health.www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/major-depression.shtml. Updated February 2019. Accessed May 7, 2018.
- Smoking and Mental Illness Co-Morbidity: Implications for Mortality Outcomes and Treatment Interventions [dissertation].Health Services Organization and Policy, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI2018