Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Prevalence of obesity among adults and youth: United States, 2015‒2016.NCHS Data Brief. 2017; (www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db288.pdf. Accessed July 17, 2020): 1-8
- Prevalence of obesity among youths by household income and education level of head of household - United States 2011‒2014.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2018; 67: 186-189
- Urban–rural differences in childhood and adolescent obesity in the United States: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Child Obes. 2015; 11: 233-241
- Obesity in children with developmental and/or physical disabilities.Disabil Health J. 2015; 8: 309-316
- A framework for understanding modifications to measures for diverse populations.J Aging Health. 2012; 24: 992-1017
- Getting to equity in obesity prevention: a new framework.National Academy of Medicine, Washington, DC2017 (https://doi.org/10.31478/201701c. Published January 18, 2017. Accessed August 21, 2019)
Kumanyika S. The sociocultural context for obesity prevention and treatment in children and adolescents: Influences of ethnicity and gender. In: Freemark M, ed. Pediatric Obesity. Contemporary Endocrinology. Humana Press, Cham; 2018:695–713.https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-68192-4_40.
- The National Collaborative on Childhood Obesity Research Catalogue of Surveillance Systems and Measures Registry: new tools to spur innovation and increase productivity in childhood obesity research.Am J Prev Med. 2012; 42: 433-435
Measures Registry. National Collaborative on Childhood Obesity Research. https://tools.nccor.org/measures. Accessed October 21, 2019.
- Evaluating obesity prevention efforts: a plan for measuring progress.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2013 (https://doi.org/10.17226/18334. Published August 2, 2013. Accessed June 29, 2018)
- Development of the database for the National Collaborative on Childhood Obesity Research Measures Registry: final report.Mathematica Policy Research, Inc., Princeton, NJJanuary 11, 2011PublishedAccessed January 9, 2020)
- Assessing initial validity and reliability of a beverage intake questionnaire in Hispanic preschool-aged children.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016; 116: 1951-1960
- Psychometrics of the Preschooler Physical Activity Parenting Practices instrument among a Latino sample.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2014; 11: 3
- Validation of a home food inventory among low-income Spanish- and Somali-speaking families.Public Health Nutr. 2013; 16: 1151-1158
- TCOPPE school environmental audit tool: assessing safety and walkability of school environments.J Phys Act Health. 2013; 10: 949-960
- Changes in obesity among U.S. children aged 2 through 4 years enrolled in WIC during 2010‒2016.JAMA. 2019; 321: 2364-2366
Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum. Obesity and overweight among Asian American children and adolescents.www.apiahf.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/2016.04.28_OBESITY-AND-OVERWEIGHT-AMONG-AA-CHILDREN-AND-ADOLESCENTS_Data-Brief-1.pdf. Published 2016. Accessed January 16, 2020.
- Obesity and understudied minority children: existing challenges and opportunities in epidemiology.BMC Pediatr. 2019; 19: 103
- Rationalizing rural area classifications for the Economic Research Service: a workshop summary.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2016 (https://doi.org/10.17226/21843. Published 2016. Accessed November 25, 2019)
- Cultural adaptation for ethnic diversity: a review of obesity interventions for preschool children.Calif J Health Promot. 2011; 9: 40
- Establishing validity and cross-context equivalence of measures and indicators.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2019; 119: 1817-1830
- Health inequities, social determinants, and intersectionality.National Academy of Medicine, Washington, DC2016 (https://doi.org/10.31478/201612a. Published December 5, 2016. Accessed November 25, 2019)
- Cognitive interviews for validating the Family Nutrition Physical Activity instrument for Korean-American families with young children.J Pediatr Nurs. 2017; 36: 1-6
- Home food and activity assessment. Development and validation of an instrument for diverse families of young children.Appetite. 2014; 80: 23-27
- Relative validation of a short questionnaire to assess the dietary habits of pregnant American Indian women.Food Sci Nutr. 2017; 5: 625-632
- A semi-quantitative food frequency questionnaire validated in Hispanic infants and toddlers aged 0 to 24 months.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2017; 117 (e9.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2016.12.010): 526-535
- An exploratory factor analysis of the Parenting Strategies for Eating and Physical Activity Scale (PEAS) for use in Hispanic mothers of adolescent and preadolescent daughters with overweight.Eat Behav. 2015; 19: 193-199
- Test–retest reliability of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey's 5-item Food Insecurity Questionnaire completed by fourth-grade children.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2015; 47 (e1.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jneb.2015.06.006): 459-464
- Statistical validation of a web-based GIS application and its applicability to cardiovascular-related studies.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015; 13 (https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph13010002)ijerph13010002
- Development and validation of a farmers’ market audit tool in rural and urban communities.Health Promot Pract. 2015; 16: 859-866
- Associations of home food availability, dietary intake, screen time and physical activity with BMI in young American-Indian children.Public Health Nutr. 2013; 16: 146-155