Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
Vaporizers, e-cigarettes, and other electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS). U.S. Food and Drug Administration. www.fda.gov/TobaccoProducts/Labeling/ProductsIngredientsComponents/ucm456610.htm. Accessed March 8, 2018.
- E-cigarette use among youth in the United States, 2019.JAMA. 2019; 322: 2095-2103
- Tobacco product use among middle and high school students – United States, 2011–2017.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2018; 67: 629-633
- Exposure calls to U.S. poison centers involving electronic cigarettes and conventional cigarettes – September 2010–December 2014.J Med Toxicol. 2016; 12: 350-357
- E-cigarette and liquid nicotine exposures among young children.Pediatrics. 2018; 141e20173361
- Tobacco-related poison events involving young children in the U.S., 2001–2016.Tob Regul Sci. 2017; 3: 525-535
- National estimates of poisoning events related to liquid nicotine in young children treated in U.S. hospital emergency departments, 2013–2017.Inj Epidemiol. 2019; 6: 10
- Electronic nicotine delivery system (ENDS) battery-related burns presenting to U.S. emergency departments, 2016.Inj Epidemiol. 2018; 5: 4
- Deeming tobacco products to be subject to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act; restrictions on the sale and distribution of tobacco products and required warning statements for tobacco products. Final rule.Fed Regist. 2016; 81: 28973-29106https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2016-05-10/pdf/2016-10685.pdfDate accessed: March 8, 2018
About CPSC. Consumer Product Safety Commission. www.cpsc.gov/About-CPSC. Accessed June 6, 2019.
NEISS frequently asked questions. Consumer Product Safety Commission.https://www.cpsc.gov/Research-Statistics/NEISS-Injury-Data/Neiss-Frequently-Asked-Questions. Accessed March 8, 2018.
Nonfatal injury report 2000–2018. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.https://webappa.cdc.gov/sasweb/ncipc/nfirates.html. Accessed March 3, 2019.
- NEISS Coding Manual January 2017.U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Bethesda, MDPublished January 2017www.cpsc.gov/s3fs-public/2017NEISSCodingManualCPSConlyNontrauma.pdfDate accessed: January 9, 2019
Explanation of NEISS estimates obtained through the CPSC web-site. Consumer Product Safety Commission. www.cpsc.gov/cgibin/neiss/webestimates.html. Accessed January 9, 2019.
National population by characteristics, 2010–2019. U.S. Census Bureau. www.census.gov/data/tables/time-series/demo/popest/2010s-national-detail.html. Updated April 8, 2020. Accessed April 15, 2020.
- Electronic nicotine delivery system (ENDS) liquid nicotine exposure in young children presenting to U.S. emergency departments, 2018.Inj Epidemiol. 2019; 6: 43
- Child-resistant packaging for e-liquid: a review of U.S. state legislation.Am J Public Health. 2016; 106: 266-268
- What is included with your online e-cigarette order? An analysis of e-cigarette shipping, product and packaging features.Tob Control. 2018; 27: 699-702
- Notes from the field: use of electronic cigarettes and any tobacco product among middle and high school students – United States, 2011–2018.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2018; 67: 1276-1277
- Update: demographic, product, and substance-use characteristics of hospitalized patients in a nationwide outbreak of e-cigarette, or vaping, product use-associated lung injuries – United States, December 2019.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2019; 68: 1142-1148