Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Dental caries.Lancet. 2007; 369: 51-59https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(07)60031-2
- Global, regional, and national prevalence, incidence, and disability-adjusted life years for oral conditions for 195 countries, 1990-2015: a systematic analysis for the global burden of diseases, injuries, and risk factors.J Dent Res. 2017; 96: 380-387https://doi.org/10.1177/0022034517693566
- Dental caries.Nat Rev Dis Primers. 2017; 3: 17030https://doi.org/10.1038/nrdp.2017.30
- Oral diseases: a global public health challenge [published correction appears in Lancet. 2019;394(10203):1010].Lancet. 2019; 394: 249-260https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(19)31146-8
China population. Worldometer.https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/china-population/. Updated March 9, 2020. Accessed March 9, 2020.
- The First National Oral Health Epidemiological Investigation Report [in Chinese].People's Medical Publishing House, Beijing1987
- The Second National Oral Health Epidemiological Sampling Investigation Report [in Chinese].People's Medical Publishing House, Beijing1999
- The Third National Oral Health Epidemiological Investigation Report [in Chinese].People's Medical Publishing House, Beijing2008
- The Fourth National Oral Health Epidemiological Investigation Report [in Chinese].People's Medical Publishing House, Beijing2018
- The 4th National Oral Health Survey in the Mainland of China: background and methodology.Chin J Dent Res. 2018; 21: 161-165https://doi.org/10.3290/j.cjdr.a41079
- Global burden of untreated caries: a systematic review and metaregression.J Dent Res. 2015; 94: 650-658https://doi.org/10.1177/0022034515573272
- Oral health status and oral health care model in China.Chin J Dent Res. 2016; 19: 207-215https://doi.org/10.3290/j.cjdr.a37145
- Permanent teeth caries status of 12- to 15-year-olds in China: findings from the 4th National Oral Health Survey.Chin J Dent Res. 2018; 21: 181-193https://doi.org/10.3290/j.cjdr.a41080
- GBD 2010: design, definitions, and metrics.Lancet. 2012; 380: 2063-2066https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(12)61899-6
- The evolution of the Global Burden of Disease framework for disease, injury and risk factor quantification: developing the evidence base for national, regional and global public health action.Global Health. 2005; 1: 5https://doi.org/10.1186/1744-8603-1-5
- Murray CJL Lopez AD The Global Burden of Disease: a Comprehensive Assessment of Mortality and Disability From Diseases, Injuries and Risk Factors in 1990 and Projected to 2020. Harvard School of Public Health, World Health Organization, World Bank, Cambridge, MA1996
- Age-period-cohort models in cancer surveillance research: ready for prime time?.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2011; 20: 1263-1268https://doi.org/10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-11-0421
- A web tool for age-period-cohort analysis of cancer incidence and mortality rates.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2014; 23: 2296-2302https://doi.org/10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-14-0300
- Oral Health Survey: Basic Methods.4th ed. WHO, Geneva, Switzerland1997
- Oral Health Survey: Basic Methods.5th ed. WHO, Geneva, Switzerland2013
Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions version 5.1.0. The Cochrane Collaboration. https://handbook-5-1.cochrane.org/. Updated March 2011. Accessed April 27, 2020.
GBD results tool. Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, Global health data exchange. http://ghdx.healthdata.org/gbd-results-tool. Updated XXX. Accessed January 23, 2020.
- Global Burden of Disease Study 2017 (GBD 2017) population estimates 1950-2017.2019http://ghdx.healthdata.org/record/ihme-data/gbd-2017-population-estimates-1950-2017(Updated March 30)Date accessed: January 25, 2020
- Proportional hazards models and age-period-cohort analysis of cancer rates.Stat Med. 2010; 29: 1228-1238https://doi.org/10.1002/sim.3865
- Divergent estrogen receptor-positive and -negative breast cancer trends and etiologic heterogeneity in Denmark.Int J Cancer. 2013; 133: 2201-2206https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.28222
- Female breast cancer incidence among Asian and Western populations: more similar than expected.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2015; 107: djv107https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djv107
- Trimodal age-specific incidence patterns for Burkitt lymphoma in the United States, 1973-2005.Int J Cancer. 2010; 126: 1732-1739https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.24934
- Increasing lung cancer death rates among young women in southern and midwestern states.J Clin Oncol. 2012; 30: 2739-2744https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2012.42.6098
- Ovarian cancer incidence trends in relation to changing patterns of menopausal hormone therapy use in the United States.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 2146-2151https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2012.45.5758
- Urbanisation and health in China.Lancet. 2012; 379: 843-852https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(11)61878-3
China. The World Bank. https://data.worldbank.org/country/china. Updated January 1, 2020. Accessed March 9, 2020.
- The second national survey of oral health status of children and adults in China.Int Dent J. 2002; 52: 283-290https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1875-595x.2002.tb00632.x
- Prevalence of caries in mainland China: evidence from 1980 to 2018: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Chin J Dent Res. 2019; 22: 251-263https://doi.org/10.3290/j.cjdr.a43736
- Fluoride toothpastes of different concentrations for preventing dental caries.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2019; 3CD007868https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD007868.pub3
- Oral health status of Chinese residents and suggestions for prevention and treatment strategies.Glob Health J. 2019; 3: 50-54https://doi.org/10.1016/j.glohj.2019.06.004
- Dental caries status and caries risk factors in students ages 12–14 years in Zhejiang, China.Med Sci Monit. 2018; 24: 3670-3678https://doi.org/10.12659/MSM.907325
National data. National Bureau of Statistics of China. http://data.stats.gov.cn/easyquery.htm?cn=B01. Updated March 1, 2020. Accessed March 9, 2020.
- Rising rural body-mass index is the main driver of the global obesity epidemic in adults.Nature. 2019; 569: 260-264https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-019-1171-x
- Caries-related risk factors of obesity among 18-year-old adolescents in Hong Kong: a cross-sectional study nested in a cohort study.BMC Oral Health. 2018; 18: 188https://doi.org/10.1186/s12903-018-0657-5
- Global burden of severe tooth loss: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Dent Res. 2014; 93: 20S-28Shttps://doi.org/10.1177/0022034514537828
- Remineralisation - the buzzword for early MI caries management.Br Dent J. 2017; 223: 173-182https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bdj.2017.663
- Children's Dental Health Survey 2013. Report 2: dental disease and damage in children: England, Wales and Northern Ireland.Health & Social Care Information Centre, Leeds, UK2015https://files.digital.nhs.uk/publicationimport/pub17xxx/pub17137/cdhs2013-report2-dental-disease.pdfDate accessed: March 9, 2020
- International Caries Detection and Assessment System (ICDAS): a new concept.Int J Clin Pediatr Dent. 2011; 4: 93-100https://doi.org/10.5005/jp-journals-10005-1089