Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
Murphy SL, Kochanek KD, Xu J, Arias E. NCHS data brief no. 229: mortality in the United States, 2014. HHS, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistic.https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db229.pdf. Published December 2015. Accessed May 24, 2020.
- The comparative effectiveness of heart disease prevention and treatment strategies.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 36: 82-88
- 2013 ACC/AHA guideline on the assessment of cardiovascular risk: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines [published correction appears in Circulation. 2014;129(25)(suppl 2):S74-5].Circulation. 2014; 129: S49-S73
- 2013 ACC/AHA guideline on the assessment of cardiovascular risk: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines [published correction appears in J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63(25 Pt B):3026].J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 2935-2959
- Statin use for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease in adults: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement [published correction appears in JAMA. 2020;323(7):669–670].JAMA. 2016; 316: 1997-2007
- ACC/AHA special report: clinical practice guideline implementation strategies: a summary of systematic reviews by the NHLBI Implementation Science Work Group: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017; 69: 1076-1092
- Use of global coronary heart disease risk assessment in practice: a cross-sectional survey of a sample of U.S. physicians.BMC Health Serv Res. 2012; 12: 20
Sussman JB, Holleman RG, Youles B, Lowery JC. Quality improvement and personalization for statins: the QUIPS quality improvement randomized trial of veterans' primary care statin use [published correction appears in J Gen Intern Med. 2020. Jan 2, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-019-05597-0]. J Gen Intern Med. 2018;33(12):2132–2137. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-018-4681-6.
- A methodology for generating a tailored implementation blueprint: an exemplar from a youth residential setting.Implement Sci. 2018; 13: 68
- A checklist for identifying determinants of practice: a systematic review and synthesis of frameworks and taxonomies of factors that prevent or enable improvements in healthcare professional practice.Implement Sci. 2013; 8: 35
- Implementing cardiovascular risk prediction in clinical practice: the future is now.J Am Heart Assoc. 2017; 6e006019
- Implementing cardiovascular disease prevention guidelines to translate evidence-based medicine and shared decision making into general practice: theory-based intervention development, qualitative piloting and quantitative feasibility.Implement Sci. 2019; 14: 86
- Performance measurement in the small office practice: challenges and potential solutions.Ann Intern Med. 2008; 148: 353-357
- The capacity of primary care for improving evidence-based care: early findings from AHRQ's EvidenceNOW.Ann Fam Med. 2018; 16: S2-S4
- A national evaluation of a dissemination and implementation initiative to enhance primary care practice capacity and improve cardiovascular disease care: the ESCALATES study protocol.Implement Sci. 2016; 11: 86
- EvidenceNOW: balancing primary care implementation and implementation research.Ann Fam Med. 2018; 16: S5-S11
- A randomized trial of external practice support to improve cardiovascular risk factors in primary care.Ann Fam Med. 2019; 17: S40-S49
- Study protocol for “Healthy Hearts Northwest”: a 2 × 2 randomized factorial trial to build quality improvement capacity in primary care.Implement Sci. 2016; 11: 138
- Principles of educational outreach (‘academic detailing’) to improve clinical decision making.JAMA. 1990; 263: 549-556
NaRCAD. https://www.narcad.org/. Accessed May 24, 2020.
- Improving drug-therapy decisions through educational outreach. A randomized controlled trial of academically based detailing.N Engl J Med. 1983; 308: 1457-1463
- A randomized trial of a program to reduce the use of psychoactive drugs in nursing homes.N Engl J Med. 1992; 327: 168-173
- Fostering implementation of health services research findings into practice: a consolidated framework for advancing implementation science.Implement Sci. 2009; 4: 50
- Choosing implementation strategies to address contextual barriers: diversity in recommendations and future directions.Implement Sci. 2019; 14: 42
- Immersion/crystallization.in: Crabtree BF Miller WL Doing Qualitative Research. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA1999: 163-177
- Small primary care practices face four hurdles–including a physician-centric mind-set–in becoming medical homes.Health Aff (Millwood). 2012; 31: 2417-2422
Taylor EF, Peikes D, Genevro J, Meyers D. Creating capacity for improvement in primary care: the case for developing a quality improvement infrastructure. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. https://www.ahrq.gov/ncepcr/tools/capacity/brief1.html. Updated April 2013. Accessed May 24, 2020.
- Methods to improve the selection and tailoring of implementation strategies.J Behav Health Serv Res. 2017; 44: 177-194
- Enhancing physicians’ use of clinical guidelines.JAMA. 2013; 310: 2501-2502