Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Ten leading causes of death in the United States, 1977.DHHS(CDC) publication no. 80-640, Washington, DC1980
- Smoking and alcohol abuse: a comparison of their economic consequences.N Engl J Med. 1978; 298: 569-571
- Basic data from wave 1 of the national survey of personal health practices and consequences: United States, 1979.National Center for Health Statistics, Washington, DC1981 (DHHS(PHS) publication no. 81-1163)
- Current estimates from the health interview survey: United States, 1978.National Center for Health Statistics, Washington, DC1979 (DHEW(PHS) publication no. 80-1551)
- The public and high blood pressure: six year follow-up survey of public knowl edge and reported behavior.DHHS(NIH) publication no. 81-2118, Washington, DC1981
- Sampling methods for random digit dialing.J Am Stat Assoc. 1978; 73: 40-46
- Lifestyle and future health: evidence from the Alameda County study.Prev Med. 1980; 9: l-21
- A multivariate analysis of health-related practices: a nine year mortality follow-up of the Alameda County study.Am J Epidemiol. 1982; 116: 765-775
- Promoting health, preventing disease: objectives for the nation.US Government Printing Office, Washington, DC1980
- Medical economics survey-methods study: cost-effectiveness of alternative survey strategies.Med Care. 1978; 16 (641–159)
- A comparison of mail, telephone, and home interview strategies for household health surveys.Am J Public Health. 1979; 69: 238-245
- Telephone versus in-person surveys of community health status.Am J Public Health. 1982; 72: 1017-1021
- Personal versus telephone surveys for collecting household health data at the local level.Am J Public Health. 1983; 73: 1389-1394
- Surveys by telephone: a national comparison with personal interviews.Academic Press, New York1979
- Coverage and response in random digit dialed surveys.in: Proceedings of the American Statistical Association, Survey Research Methods Section, Washington, DC American Statistical Association, 1983
- Potentials of local health surveys: a state of the art summary.Am J Public Health. 1981; 71: 835-840
- Small area statistics: large statistical problems.Am J Public Health. 1984; 74: 313-314
This article is a reprint of a previously published article. For citation purposes, please use the original publication details: Marks JS, Hogelin GC, Gentry EM, et al. The Behavioral Risk Factor Surveys: I. State-specific prevalence estimates of behavioral risk factors. Am J Prev Med. 1985;1(6):1-8. This article is not subject to copyright in the United States.