Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- E-cigarette use among youth and young adults: a report of the Surgeon General.HHS, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health, Atlanta, GA2016https://e-cigarettes.surgeongeneral.gov/documents/2016_sgr_full_report_non-508.pdf(Published)Date accessed: August 7, 2017
- E-cigarette use among youth in the United States, 2019.JAMA. 2019; 322: 2095-2103https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2019.18387
- E-cigarette marketing exposure is associated with e-cigarette use among U.S. youth.J Adolesc Health. 2016; 58: 686-690https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2016.03.003
- A randomized trial of the effect of youth appealing e-cigarette advertising on susceptibility to use e-cigarettes among youth.Nicotine Tob Res. 2018; 20: 954-961https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntx155
- Impact of exposure to electronic cigarette advertising on susceptibility and trial of electronic cigarettes and cigarettes in U.S. young adults: a randomized controlled trial.Nicotine Tob Res. 2016; 18: 1331-1339https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntv235
- Evolving “The Real Cost” campaign to address the rising epidemic of youth e-cigarette use.Am J Prev Med. 2019; 56: S76-S78https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2018.09.005
- Association between The Real Cost media campaign and smoking initiation among youths - United States, 2014-2016.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017; 66: 47-50https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6602a2
- Effect of a National Tobacco Public Education campaign on youth's risk perceptions and beliefs about smoking.Am J Health Promot. 2018; 32: 1248-1256https://doi.org/10.1177/0890117117720745
- Impact of The Real Cost campaign on adolescents’ recall, attitudes, and risk perceptions about tobacco use: a national study.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017; 14: 42https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph14010042
- Recent trends in the prevalence of marijuana use and associated disorders in the United States.JAMA Psychiatry. 2016; 73: 300-301https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2015.3111
- Recall of “The Real Cost” anti-smoking campaign is specifically associated with endorsement of campaign-targeted beliefs.J Health Commun. 2017; 22: 818-828https://doi.org/10.1080/10810730.2017.1364311
Historical NYTS data and documentation. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/surveys/nyts/data/index.html. Updated December 21, 2020. Accessed September 2, 2020.
- Awareness of “The Real Cost” campaign among U.S. middle and high school students: National Youth Tobacco Survey, 2017.Public Health Rep. 2020; 135: 82-89https://doi.org/10.1177/0033354919889992
- Impact of The Real Cost media campaign on youth smoking initiation.Am J Prev Med. 2019; 57: 645-651https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2019.06.011
- Tobacco use among middle and high school students - United States, 2011-2016 [published correction appears in MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017;66(28):765].MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017; 66: 597-603https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6623a1
- Conceptual, empirical, and practical issues in developing valid measures of public communication campaign exposure.Commun Methods Meas. 2014; 8: 138-161https://doi.org/10.1080/19312458.2014.903391
- Feasibility and reliability of a mobile tool to evaluate exposure to tobacco product marketing and messages using ecological momentary assessment.Addict Behav. 2017; 73: 105-110https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addbeh.2017.05.004