Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Physical performance measures in the clinical setting.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2003; 51: 314-322https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1532-5415.2003.51104.x
- Partnering with churches to conduct a wide-scale health screening of an urban, segregated community.J Community Health. 2020; 45: 98-110https://doi.org/10.1007/s10900-019-00715-9
- A Short Physical Performance Battery assessing lower extremity function: association with self-reported disability and prediction of mortality and nursing home admission.J Gerontol. 1994; 49: M85-M94https://doi.org/10.1093/geronj/49.2.m85
Short Physical Performance Battery (SPPB): assessing physical performance in the older patient. NIH, National Institute on Aging. https://www.nia.nih.gov/research/labs/leps/short-physical-performance-battery-sppb. Accessed June 21, 2019.
- The Short Physical Performance Battery: SPPB [video].YouTube, San Bruno, CA2017https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_rJOGhQqZ4&vl=enDate accessed: May 12, 2020
- The Stanford Leisure-Time Activity Categorical Item (L-Cat): a single categorical item sensitive to physical activity changes in overweight/obese women.Int J Obes (Lond). 2013; 37: 1597-1602https://doi.org/10.1038/ijo.2013.36
- Validation of the Stanford Leisure-Time Activity Categorical Item (L-Cat) using armband activity monitor data.Obes Sci Pract. 2018; 4: 276-282https://doi.org/10.1002/osp4.155
- Association of chronic diseases and impairments with disability in older adults: a decade of change?.Med Care. 2012; 50: 501-507https://doi.org/10.1097/MLR.0b013e318245a0e0
- Trends in disability and related chronic conditions among the forty-and-over population: 1997-2010.Disabil Health J. 2014; 7: S4-S14https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dhjo.2013.06.007
- Smoking, alcohol, and neuromuscular and physical function of older women. Study of Osteoporotic Fractures Research Group.JAMA. 1994; 272: 1825-1831https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.1994.03520230035035
- Physical activity and physical function in older adults: the 45 and up study.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2012; 60: 719-725https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.2012.03906.x
Life expectancy. Chicago Health Atlas. https://www.chicagohealthatlas.org/indicators/life-expectancy. Updated April 18, 2019. Accessed May 12, 2020.
- Lower extremity function and subsequent disability: consistency across studies, predictive models, and value of gait speed alone compared with the Short Physical Performance Battery.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2000; 55: M221-M231https://doi.org/10.1093/gerona/55.4.m221
Poor or fair health: Illinois. County Health Rankings and Roadmaps, University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute School of Medicine and Public Health, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. https://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/illinois/2020/measure/outcomes/2/data. Accessed November 24, 2020.
- Functional impairment and decline in middle age: a cohort study.Ann Intern Med. 2017; 167: 761-768https://doi.org/10.7326/M17-0496
- Contribution of common chronic conditions to midlife physical function decline: the study of women's health across the nation.Womens Midlife Health. 2020; 6: 6https://doi.org/10.1186/s40695-020-00053-0
- Impact of chronic medical condition development on longitudinal physical function from mid- to early late-life: the study of women's health across the nation.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2020; 75: 1411-1417https://doi.org/10.1093/gerona/glz243
- Norwegian reference values for the Short Physical Performance Battery (SPPB): the Tromsø study.BMC Geriatr. 2019; 19: 216https://doi.org/10.1186/s12877-019-1234-8