Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Deaths: final data for 2017.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2019; 68: 1-77https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr68/nvsr68_09-508.pdfDate accessed: January 8, 2020
- Screening for colorectal cancer: U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement [published correction appears in JAMA. 2016;316(5):545] [published correction appears in JAMA. 2017;317(21):2239].JAMA. 2016; 315: 2564-2575https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2016.5989
- Association of race and socioeconomic status with colorectal cancer screening, colorectal cancer risk, and mortality in southern U.S. adults.JAMA Netw Open. 2019; 2e1917995https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2019.17995
- Vital signs: colorectal cancer screening test use - United States, 2018.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020; 69: 253-259https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6910a1
Colorectal cancer screening rates reach 44.1% in FQHCs in 2018. National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable, American Cancer Society. https://nccrt.org/colorectal-cancer-screening-rates-reach-44-1-in-fqhcs-in-2018/. Updated April 25, 2021. Accessed January 9, 2020.
Colorectal Cancer Control Program (CRCCP). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/crccp/index.htm. Updated April 25, 2021. Accessed January 9, 2020.
- Updated recommendations for client- and provider-oriented interventions to increase breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening.Am J Prev Med. 2012; 43: 92-96https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2012.04.008
Colorectal Cancer Control Program (CRCCP): spotlight on year 4. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/crccp/year4.htm. Updated 2020. Accessed September 1, 2020.
Use of colorectal cancer screening tests: 2018 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/colorectal/statistics/use-screening-tests-BRFSS.htm. Updated April 25, 2021. Accessed January 9, 2020.
- Increasing colorectal cancer screening in health care systems using evidence-based interventions.Prev Chronic Dis. 2018; 15: E100https://doi.org/10.5888/pcd15.180029
Colorectal Cancer Control Program (CRCCP): publications. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/crccp/action-guides.htm. Updated April 25, 2021. Accessed January 20, 2021.
- Planning a national-level data collection protocol to measure outcomes for the Colorectal Cancer Control Program.J Ga Public Health Assoc. 2016; 6: 292-297https://doi.org/10.21633/jgpha.6.2s16
- Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data.2nd ed. MIT Press, Cambridge, MA2010
- Systematic review: enhancing the use and quality of colorectal cancer screening.Ann Intern Med. 2010; 152: 668-676https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-152-10-201005180-00239
- Correlates of colorectal cancer screening rates in primary care clinics serving low income, medically underserved populations.Prev Med. 2019; 126105774https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2019.105774
- Evaluation of interventions intended to increase colorectal cancer screening rates in the United States: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA Intern Med. 2018; 178: 1645-1658https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2018.4637
- Effectiveness of interventions to increase screening for breast, cervical, and colorectal cancers: nine updated systematic reviews for the Guide to Community Preventive Services.Am J Prev Med. 2012; 43: 97-118https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2012.04.009
- Institutional commitment to rectal cancer screening results in earlier-stage cancers on diagnosis.Ann Surg Oncol. 2004; 11: 970-976https://doi.org/10.1245/ASO.2004.03.047
- A randomized controlled trial to improve colon cancer screening in rural family medicine: an Iowa Research Network (IRENE) study.J Am Board Fam Med. 2013; 26: 486-497https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2013.05.130041
- Patient and physician reminders to promote colorectal cancer screening: a randomized controlled trial.Arch Intern Med. 2009; 169: 364-371https://doi.org/10.1001/archinternmed.2008.564
- A conceptual framework for implementation fidelity.Implement Sci. 2007; 2: 40https://doi.org/10.1186/1748-5908-2-40
- The importance of quality implementation for research, practice and policy.Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation, HHS, Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2013 (https://aspe.hhs.gov/report/importance-quality-implementation-research-practice-and-policy. Published. Accessed March 16, 2021)
- Inside help: an integrative review of champions in healthcare-related implementation.SAGE Open Med. 2018; 62050312118773261https://doi.org/10.1177/2050312118773261
- The role of the champion in primary care change efforts: from the State Networks of Colorado Ambulatory Practices and Partners (SNOCAP).J Am Board Fam Med. 2012; 25: 676-685https://doi.org/10.3122/jabfm.2012.05.110281
- A refined compilation of implementation strategies: results from the Expert Recommendations for Implementing Change (ERIC) project.Implement Sci. 2015; 10: 21https://doi.org/10.1186/s13012-015-0209-1