Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Zika virus and birth defects - reviewing the evidence for causality.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 1981-1987https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMsr1604338
- Pregnancy outcomes after maternal Zika virus infection during pregnancy - U.S. territories, January 1, 2016–April 25, 2017.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017; 66: 615-621https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6623e1
- Association between Zika virus and microcephaly in French Polynesia, 2013–15: a retrospective study.Lancet. 2016; 387: 2125-2132https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(16)00651-6
- Neurodevelopmental delay in normocephalic children with in utero exposure to Zika virus.BMJ Paediatr Open. 2019; 3e000486https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjpo-2019-000486
- Delayed childhood neurodevelopment and neurosensory alterations in the second year of life in a prospective cohort of ZIKV-exposed children.Nat Med. 2019; 25: 1213-1217https://doi.org/10.1038/s41591-019-0496-1
- Vital signs: Zika-associated birth defects and neurodevelopmental abnormalities possibly associated with congenital Zika virus infection - U.S. territories and freely associated states, 2018.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2018; 67: 858-867https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6731e1
- Increase in reported prevalence of microcephaly in infants born to women living in areas with confirmed Zika virus transmission during the first trimester of pregnancy—Brazil, 2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 65: 242-247https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6509e2
- Vital signs: update on Zika virus-associated birth defects and evaluation of all U.S. infants with congenital Zika virus exposure - U.S. Zika Pregnancy Registry, 2016.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017; 66: 366-373https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6613e1
- Update: ongoing Zika virus transmission - Puerto Rico, November 1, 2015–July 7, 2016.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 65: 774-779https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6530e1
Prevent mosquito bites. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/zika/prevention/prevent-mosquito-bites.html. Updated December 4, 2019. Accessed June 1, 2019.
- Update: interim guidance for preconception counseling and prevention of sexual transmission of Zika virus for persons with possible Zika virus exposure - United States, September 2016.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 65: 1077-1081https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6539e1
- Local transmission of Zika Virus - Puerto Rico, November 23, 2015–January 28, 2016.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 65: 154-158https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6506e2
- Update: ongoing Zika virus transmission - Puerto Rico, November 1, 2015–April 14, 2016.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 65: 451-455https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6517e2
2017 Case counts in the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.https://www.cdc.gov/zika/reporting/2017-case-counts.html. Updated April 24, 2019. Accessed August 3, 2019.
- Influences of community interventions on Zika prevention behaviors of pregnant women, Puerto Rico, July 2016–June 20171.Emerg Infect Dis. 2018; 24: 2251-2261https://doi.org/10.3201/eid2412.181056
- Comprehensive Zika prevention campaign launches in Puerto Rico.CDC Foundation, Atlanta, GAPublished August 1, 2016https://www.cdcfoundation.org/pr/2016/comprehensive-zika-prevention-campaign-launches-puerto-ricoDate accessed: August 3, 2019
- Declines in unintended pregnancy in the United States, 2008–2011.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 843-852https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMsa1506575
- Contraception as a medical countermeasure to reduce adverse outcomes associated with Zika virus infection in Puerto Rico: the Zika Contraception Access Network Program.Am J Public Health. 2018; 108: S227-S230https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2018.304558
- Assessment of contraceptive use in Puerto Rico during the 2016 Zika virus outbreak.Contraception. 2020; 101: 405-411https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2020.03.001
- Distinguishing public health research and public health nonresearch.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GAPublished July 29, 2010https://www.cdc.gov/os/integrity/docs/cdc-policy-distinguishing-public-health-research-nonresearch.pdfDate accessed: March 29, 2021
- A modified Poisson regression approach to prospective studies with binary data.Am J Epidemiol. 2004; 159: 702-706https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwh090
- Measures taken to prevent Zika virus infection during pregnancy - Puerto Rico, 2016.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017; 66: 574-578https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6622a2
- Births: final data for 2016.Natl Vital Stat Rep. 2018; 67 (Accessed August 2, 2019): 1-55
2019 Case counts in the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.https://www.cdc.gov/zika/reporting/2019-case-counts.html. Updated December 2, 2020. Accessed September 8, 2019.
- Sustained low-level transmission of Zika and Chikungunya viruses after emergence in the Fiji Islands.Emerg Infect Dis. 2019; 25: 1535-1538https://doi.org/10.3201/eid2508.180524
- Long-term circulation of Zika virus in Thailand: an observational study [published correction appears in Lancet Infect Dis. 2019;19(4):e109].Lancet Infect Dis. 2019; 19: 439-446https://doi.org/10.1016/S1473-3099(18)30718-7
- Chikungunya and Zika viruses: global emerging health threats.Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2018; 99: 1105-1106https://doi.org/10.4269/ajtmh.18-0613