Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Clinical preventive services coverage and the Affordable Care Act.Am J Public Health. 2015; 105: e7-e10https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2014.302289
- Preventive care: a national profile on use, disparities, and health benefits.Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Princeton, NJ2007https://www.rwjf.org/en/library/research/2007/08/preventive-care-national-profile-on-use.html(Published August 1)Date accessed: April 27, 2020
- Use of selected recommended clinical preventive services—Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, United States, 2018.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2021; 70: 461-466https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7013a1
- Relationship of income and health care coverage to receipt of recommended clinical preventive services by adults - United States, 2011-2012.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63 (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6331a2.htm. Accessed May 16, 2021): 666-670
- Receipt of selected clinical preventive services by adults - United States, 2011-2012.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 64 (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6427a2.htm?s_cid=mm6427a2_w. Accessed May 16, 2021): 738-742
- Surveillance for health care access and health services use, adults aged 18-64 years - Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, United States, 2014.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2017; 66: 1-42https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.ss6607a1
- Patterns and trends in cancer screening in the United States.Prev Chronic Dis. 2018; 15: E97https://doi.org/10.5888/pcd15.170465
- Human papillomavirus vaccination uptake before and after the Affordable Care Act: variation according to insurance status, race, and education (NHANES 2006-2014).J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2018; 31: 23-27https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpag.2017.07.002
- The impact of health insurance on preventive care and health behaviors: evidence from the first two years of the ACA Medicaid expansions.J Policy Anal Manage. 2017; 36: 390-417https://doi.org/10.1002/pam.21972
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Pub L No. 111–148, 124 Stat 119.2010 (https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/PLAW-111publ148/pdf/PLAW-111publ148.pdf. Accessed May 16, 2021)
Topics and objectives. Healthy People 2020, HHS, Office of Disease Prevention and Health promotion. https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives. Updated October 8, 2020. Accessed August 4, 2020.
- Health insurance status and clinical cancer screenings among U.S. adults.Am J Prev Med. 2018; 54: e11-e19https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2017.08.024
- Colorectal cancer screening in the United States: trends from 2008 to 2015 and variation by health insurance coverage.Prev Med. 2018; 112: 199-206https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2018.05.001
- The impact of publicly subsidised health insurance on access, behavioural risk factors and disease management.Soc Sci Med. 2018; 217: 135-151https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2018.09.028
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2020; (Updated August 31)www.cdc.gov/brfssDate accessed: February 11, 2021
- Trends in meeting physical activity guidelines among urban and rural dwelling adults - United States, 2008-2017.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2019; 68: 513-518https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6823a1
National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Control & Population Sciences. Annual percent change (APC) and confidence interval. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Control & Population Sciences. https://surveillance.cancer.gov/help/joinpoint/setting-parameters/method-and-parameters-tab/apc-aapc-tau-confidence-intervals/estimate-average-percent-change-apc-and-confidence-interval. Accessed February 12, 2021.
Feldman S, Haas JS. How COVID may improve care: rethinking cervical cancer prevention. J Natl Cancer Inst. In press. Online July 1, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djaa089.
- Decreased influenza activity during the COVID-19 pandemic-United States, Australia, Chile, and South Africa, 2020.Am J Transplant. 2020; 20: 3681-3685https://doi.org/10.1111/ajt.16381
- Third year of survey data shows continuing benefits of Medicaid expansions for low-income childless adults in the U.S.J Gen Intern Med. 2018; 33: 1495-1497https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-018-4537-0
- Breast screening utilization and cost sharing among employed insured women after the Affordable Care Act.J Am Coll Radiol. 2019; 16: 788-796https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacr.2019.01.028
- Assessment of trends in cervical cancer screening rates using healthcare claims data: United States, 2003-2014.Prev Med Rep. 2018; 9: 124-130https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pmedr.2018.01.010
- Cancer screening test use - United States, 2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2017; 66: 201-206https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6608a1
- Increased cancer screening for low-income adults under the Affordable Care Act Medicaid expansion.Med Care. 2018; 56: 944-949https://doi.org/10.1097/MLR.0000000000000984
- Randomized trial shows healthcare payment reform has equal-sized spillover effects on patients not targeted by reform.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2020; 117: 18939-18947https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.2004759117
- Medicare payments and system-level health-care use: the spillover effects of Medicare managed care.Am J Health Econ. 2015; 1: 399-431https://doi.org/10.1162/AJHE_a_00024
- Revisiting the behavioral model and access to medical care: does it matter?.J Health Soc Behav. 1995; 36: 1-10https://doi.org/10.2307/2137284
- Re-revisiting Andersen's Behavioral Model of Health Services Use: a systematic review of studies from 1998-2011.Psychosoc Med. 2012; 9 (Doc11)https://doi.org/10.3205/psm000089
- Human papillomavirus vaccination coverage among females and males, National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, United States, 2007-2016.Vaccine. 2018; 36: 2567-2573https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2018.03.083
- The utilization of testing and counseling for HIV: a review of the social and behavioral evidence.Am J Public Health. 2007; 97: 1762-1774https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2006.096263
- CDC fact sheet: HIV testing in the United States.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA2016https://www.cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/docs/factsheets/hiv-testing-us-508.pdf(Published August)Date accessed: May 20, 2020