Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Long-term implications of post-ACA health reform on state health care policy.J Gen Intern Med. 2021; 36: 775-778https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-020-06168-4
- The social determinants of health: it's time to consider the causes of the causes.Public Health Rep. 2014; 129: 19-31https://doi.org/10.1177/00333549141291S206
- Association of low socioeconomic status with premature coronary heart disease in U.S. adults.JAMA Cardiol. 2020; 5: 899-908https://doi.org/10.1001/jamacardio.2020.1458
- Health-Care Utilization as a Proxy in Disability Determination.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2018https://doi.org/10.17226/24969
- Heart disease and stroke statistics-2018 update: a report from the American Heart Association [published correction appears in Circulation. 2018;137(12):e493].Circulation. 2018; 137: e67-e492https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0000000000000558
- Continuity of care and outpatient management for patients with and at high risk for cardiovascular disease during the COVID-19 pandemic: a scientific statement from the American Society for Preventive Cardiology.Am J Prev Cardiol. 2020; 1100009https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajpc.2020.100009
- Understanding why patients of low socioeconomic status prefer hospitals over ambulatory care.Health Aff (Millwood). 2013; 32: 1196-1203https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2012.0825
- The association between continuity of care and outcomes: a systematic and critical review.J Eval Clin Pract. 2010; 16: 947-956https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2753.2009.01235.x
- Surveillance for health care access and health services use, adults aged 18–64 years - Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, United States, 2014.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2017; 66: 1-42https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.ss6607a1
- Barriers to care and health care utilization among the publicly insured.Med Care. 2017; 55: 207-214https://doi.org/10.1097/MLR.0000000000000644
- Exposing some important barriers to health care access in the rural USA.Public Health. 2015; 129: 611-620https://doi.org/10.1016/j.puhe.2015.04.001
- Disparities in access to care among U.S. adults with self-reported hypertension.Am J Hypertens. 2014; 27: 1377-1386https://doi.org/10.1093/ajh/hpu061
- The impact of financial barriers on access to care, quality of care and vascular morbidity among patients with diabetes and coronary heart disease.J Gen Intern Med. 2014; 29: 76-81https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-013-2635-6
Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/brfss/index.html. Updated 31, 2020. Accessed April 16, 2021.
Status of state action on the Medicaid expansion decision. Kaiser Family Foundation.https://www.kff.org/health-reform/state-indicator/state-activity-around-expanding-medicaid-under-the-affordable-care-act/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D#0 . Updated 2020. Accessed April 16, 2021.
- Weighting the BRFSS data.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GAPublished 2017https://www.cdc.gov/brfss/annual_data/2017/pdf/weighting-2017-508.pdfDate accessed: April 17, 2019
- Addressing access barriers to health services: an analytical framework for selecting appropriate interventions in low-income Asian countries.Health Policy Plan. 2012; 27: 288-300https://doi.org/10.1093/heapol/czr038
- Nonemergency medical transportation: delivering care in the era of Lyft and Uber.JAMA. 2016; 316: 921-922https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2016.9970