Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- State medical marijuana Laws.National Conference of State Legislatures, Denver, COJuly 14, 2021PublishedAccessed July 22, 2021)
Alcohol Policy Information System: recreational use of cannabis: volume 1. National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, NIH. https://alcoholpolicy.niaaa.nih.gov/cannabis-policy-topics/recreational-use-of-cannabis-volume-1/104. Accessed July 22, 2021.
Laws and regulations: medicinal and adult use cannabis regulation and safety act . California Bureau of Cannabis Control. https://bcc.ca.gov/law_regs/index.html. Accessed July 22, 2021.
- Adverse health effects of marijuana use.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 2219-2227https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMra1402309
- Effects of cannabis use on human behavior, including cognition, motivation, and psychosis: a review.JAMA Psychiatry. 2016; 73: 292-297https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2015.3278
- Monitoring the future national survey results on drug use, 1975–2018: volume i, secondary school students.Institute for Social Research, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MIJune 1, 2019Accessed May 4, 2021)
- Association of marijuana laws with teen marijuana use: new estimates from the Youth Risk Behavior Surveys.JAMA Pediatr. 2019; 173: 879-881https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2019.1720
- Prevalence of cannabis use in youths after legalization in Washington State.JAMA Pediatr. 2019; 173: 192-193https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2018.4458
- Adolescent marijuana use, marijuana-related perceptions, and use of other substances before and after initiation of retail marijuana sales in Colorado (2013-2015).Prev Sci. 2019; 20: 185-193https://doi.org/10.1007/s11121-018-0933-2
- Recreational marijuana legalization and use among California adolescents: findings from a statewide survey.J Stud Alcohol Drugs. 2021; 82: 103-111https://doi.org/10.15288/jsad.2021.82.103
- Recreational marijuana availability in Oregon and use among adolescents.Am J Prev Med. 2020; 58: e63-e69https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2019.09.020
- Alcohol and marijuana co-use: consequences, subjective intoxication, and the operationalization of simultaneous use.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2020; 212107986https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2020.107986
- Predictors and consequences of simultaneous alcohol and cannabis use in adolescents.Addict Behav. 2011; 36: 785-788https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addbeh.2011.02.012
- Adolescents, alcohol, and marijuana: context characteristics and problems associated with simultaneous use.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2017; 179: 55-60https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2017.06.023
- More drugs, more problems? Simultaneous use of alcohol and marijuana at parties among youth and young adults.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2019; 202: 69-75https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2019.07.003
- Marijuana use is associated with alcohol use and consequences across the first 2 years of college.Psychol Addict Behav. 2018; 32: 885-894https://doi.org/10.1037/adb0000416
- Examining the influence of alcohol and cannabis product combinations on simultaneous use and consequences in daily life.Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2021; 45: 181-193https://doi.org/10.1111/acer.14494
- Simultaneous alcohol and marijuana use among college students: patterns, correlates, norms, and consequences.Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2019; 43: 1545-1555https://doi.org/10.1111/acer.14072
- A daily study comparing alcohol-related positive and negative consequences for days with only alcohol use versus days with simultaneous alcohol and marijuana use in a community sample of young adults.Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2020; 44: 689-696https://doi.org/10.1111/acer.14279
- Consequences of alcohol and marijuana use among college students: prevalence rates and attributions to substance-specific versus simultaneous use.Psychol Addict Behav. 2020; 34: 370-381https://doi.org/10.1037/adb0000545
- Simultaneous use of alcohol and marijuana: patterns and individual differences.Subst Use Misuse. 2019; 54: 2156-2166https://doi.org/10.1080/10826084.2019.1638407
- Co-use of alcohol and cannabis: a review.Curr Addict Rep. 2017; 4: 184-193https://doi.org/10.1007/s40429-017-0149-8
- Does cannabis complement or substitute alcohol consumption? A systematic review of human and animal studies.J Psychopharmacol. 2020; 34: 938-954https://doi.org/10.1177/0269881120919970
- Under double influence: assessment of simultaneous alcohol and cannabis use in general youth populations.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2009; 101: 69-73https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2008.11.002
- Retail availability of recreational marijuana and alcohol in Oregon counties and co-use of alcohol and marijuana and related beliefs among adolescents.Subst Use Misuse. 2021; 56: 345-352https://doi.org/10.1080/10826084.2020.1858104
California school climate, health, and learning surveys. California Department of Education, CalSCHLS. https://calschls.org/. Accessed July 22, 2021.
DataQuest, California Department of Education. https://dq.cde.ca.gov/dataquest/. Accessed July 22, 2021.
Rural urban continuum codes. USDA Economic Research Services, U.S. Department of Agriculture. https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/rural-urban-continuum-codes.aspx. Updated December 10, 2020. Accessed July 22, 2021.
- HLM 8: Hierarchical linear and nonlinear modeling.Scientific Software International, Lincolnwood, IL2019Accessed May 4, 2021.)
- The economic geography of medical cannabis dispensaries in California.Int J Drug Policy. 2014; 25: 508-515https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugpo.2013.12.009
- Associations between young adult marijuana outcomes and availability of medical marijuana dispensaries and storefront signage.Addiction. 2019; 114: 2162-2170https://doi.org/10.1111/add.14711
- Availability of medical and recreational marijuana stores and neighborhood characteristics in Colorado.J Addict. 2016; 20167193740https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/7193740
- Trends in adolescent vaping, 2017-2019.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 1490-1491https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMc1910739