Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
About the USPSTF. U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. https://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf/about-uspstf. Updated September 2021. Accessed February 25, 2021.
U.S. Preventive Services Task Force . (USPSTF) insufficient evidence (I) statements. NIH, Office of Disease Prevention. https://prevention.nih.gov/research-priorities/research-needs-and-gaps/i-statements. Updated October 2021. Accessed February 25, 2021.
Our partners. U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. https://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf/about-uspstf/our-partners. Updated September 2021. Accessed February 25, 2021.
- Funding of U.S. biomedical research. 2003-2008.JAMA. 2010; 303: 137-143https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2009.1987
- The anatomy of medical research: U.S. and international comparisons.JAMA. 2015; 313: 174-189https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2014.15939
- The 10 largest public and philanthropic funders of health research in the world: what they fund and how they distribute their funds.Health Res Policy Syst. 2016; 14: 12https://doi.org/10.1186/s12961-015-0074-z
- NIH wide strategic plan: fiscal years 2016−2020.NIH, Bethesda, MD2015https://www.nih.gov/sites/default/files/about-nih/strategic-plan-fy2016-2020-508.pdf(Published)Date accessed: February 25, 2021
- Sources of funding for research in evidence reviews that inform recommendations of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.JAMA. 2018; 319: 2132-2133https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2018.5404
Evidence-based Practice Center (EPC) program overview. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. https://www.ahrq.gov/research/findings/evidence-based-reports/overview/index.html. Updated January 2021. Accessed February 25, 2021.
- Relative citation ratio (RCR): a new metric that uses citation rates to measure influence at the article level.PLoS Biol. 2016; 14e1002541https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pbio.1002541
- Screening women for intimate partner violence: a systematic review to update the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 156 (796–282)https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-156-11-201206050-00447
- Effects of intensive blood-pressure control in type 2 diabetes mellitus.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 1575-1585https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1001286
- Reduced lung-cancer mortality with low-dose computed tomographic screening.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 395-409https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1102873
- Results of initial low-dose computed tomographic screening for lung cancer.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 1980-1991https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1209120
- Mortality results from a randomized prostate-cancer screening trial [published correction appears in N Engl J Med. 2009;360(17):1797].N Engl J Med. 2009; 360: 1310-1319https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa0810696
- Quality of life following localized prostate cancer treated initially with androgen deprivation therapy or no therapy.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2002; 94: 430-437https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/94.6.430
- Patient satisfaction with treatment decisions for clinically localized prostate carcinoma. Results from the Prostate Cancer Outcomes Study.Cancer. 2003; 97: 1653-1662https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.11233
- Implementation of lung cancer screening in the veterans health administration.JAMA Intern Med. 2017; 177: 399-406https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2016.9022
- Smoking cessation within the context of lung cancer screening (R01).NIH, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD2015https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-CA-15-011.html(Published June 5,)Date accessed: February 25, 2021
- Population-based Research to Optimize the Screening Process (PROSPR) (UM1).NIH, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD2016https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-CA-16-016.html(Published October 24,)Date accessed: February 25, 2021
- National Coverage Determination (NCD): lung cancer screening with low dose computed tomography (LDCT).Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Baltimore, MD2015https://www.cms.gov/medicare-coverage-database/details/ncd-details.aspx?NCDId=364(Published May 2)Date accessed: February 25, 2021
- Enhancing coordination among the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, and National Institutes of Health.Am J Prev Med. 2015; 49: S166-S173https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2015.04.024
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force methods to communicate and disseminate clinical preventive services recommendations.Am J Prev Med. 2018; 54: S81-S87https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2017.07.004
Reports to Congress. U.S. Preventive Services Task Force.https://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/uspstf/about-uspstf/reports-congress. Updated November 2020. Accessed February 25, 2021.
- Improvements to the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.JAMA. 2019; 322: 1143-1144https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2019.11311
Addressing evidence gaps in clinical prevention. The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. https://www.nationalacademies.org/our-work/addressing-evidence-gaps-in-clinical-prevention#sectionPastEvents. Updated September 2021. Accessed February 25, 2021.
- The applied value of public investments in biomedical research.Science. 2017; 356: 78-81https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aal0010
- Contribution of NIH funding to new drug approvals 2010–2016.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2018; 115: 2329-2334https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1715368115