Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices Recommended Immunization Schedule for children and adolescents aged 18 years or younger - United States, 2019.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2019; 68: 112-114https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6805a4
- Adherence to timely vaccinations in the United States.Pediatrics. 2020; 145e20190783https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2019-0783
Immunization and infectious diseases. Healthy People 2020, HHS, Office of Disease Prevention and Health promotion. https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/immunization-and-infectious-diseases/objectives. Updated October 21, 2021. Accessed October 27, 2021.
- Vaccination coverage by age 24 months among children born in 2016 and 2017 - National Immunization Survey-Child, United States, 2017-2019.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020; 69: 1505-1511https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6942a1
Butler R. Vaccine Hesitancy: what it means and what we need to know in order to tackle it. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO. https://www.who.int/immunization/research/forums_and_initiatives/1_RButler_VH_Threat_Child_Health_gvirf16.pdf. Accessed September 14, 2021.
- Confidence about vaccines in the United States: understanding parents’ perceptions.Health Aff (Millwood). 2011; 30: 1151-1159https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2011.0396
- Vaccine hesitancy, refusal and access barriers: the need for clarity in terminology.Vaccine. 2018; 36: 6556-6558https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2017.08.004
- Vaccinating my way–use of alternative vaccination schedules in New York State.J Pediatr. 2015; 166: 151-156https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2014.09.013
- Experiences with provider and parental attitudes and practices regarding the administration of multiple injections during infant vaccination visits: lessons for vaccine introduction.Vaccine. 2014; 32: 5301-5310https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2014.07.076
- A call to action: strengthening vaccine confidence in the United States.Pediatrics. 2020; 145e20200390https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2020-0390
- Pertussis resurgence and vaccine uptake: implications for reducing vaccine hesitancy.Pediatrics. 2014; 134: 602-604https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2014-1883
- The rise (and fall?) of parental vaccine hesitancy.Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2013; 9: 1755-1762https://doi.org/10.4161/hv.25085
- Vaccine hesitancy: causes, consequences, and a call to action.Vaccine. 2015; 33: D66-D71https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2015.09.035
- Epidemiology of vaccine hesitancy in the United States.Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2013; 9: 2643-2648https://doi.org/10.4161/hv.27243
- National Immunization Survey-Child: a user's guide for the 2018 public-use data file.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GAJanuary 2020https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/nis/downloads/NIS-PUF18-DUG.pdf(Published)Date accessed: January 18, 2020
- National Immunization Survey-Child: a user's guide for the 2019 public-use data file.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GADecember 2020https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/imz-managers/nis/downloads/NIS-PUF19-DUG.pdf(Published)Date accessed: March 28, 2020
Scanlon P, Jamoom E. The cognitive evaluation of survey items related to vaccine hesitance and confidence for inclusion on a series of short question sets. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://wwwn.cdc.gov/QBank/report/Scanlon_NCHS_2019_VAX.pdf. Published June 2019. Accessed May 5, 2020.
- Parental vaccine hesitancy and childhood influenza vaccination.Pediatrics. 2020; 146e2020007609https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2020-007609
- Parental vaccine hesitancy and its association with adolescent HPV vaccination.Vaccine. 2021; 39: 2416-2423https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2021.03.048
- Women as health care decision-makers: implications for health care coverage in the United States.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2014; 25: 1507-1513https://doi.org/10.1353/hpu.2014.0154
Metropolitan and micropolitan. U.S. Census Bureau. https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/metro-micro.html. Updated October 8, 2021. Accessed October 27, 2021.
Poverty thresholds. U.S. Census Bureau. https://www.census.gov/data/tables/time-series/demo/income-poverty/historical-poverty-thresholds.html. Updated October 8, 2021. Accessed October 27, 2021.
- Epidemiologic Research: Principles and Quantitative Methods.John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY1982
- Use and misuse of population attributable fractions [published correction appears in Am J Public Health. 2008;98(12):2119].Am J Public Health. 1998; 88: 15-19https://doi.org/10.2105/ajph.88.1.15
- Confidence intervals for population attributable fractions.American Statistical Association. JSM - Survey Research Methods Section, Alexandria, VA2017http://www.asasrms.org/Proceedings/y2017/files/593887.pdf(Published)Date accessed: November 6, 2020
- Parental vaccine hesitancy and vaccination disparities in a safety-net system.Pediatrics. 2021; 147e2020010710https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2020-010710
- Parental hesitancy about routine childhood and influenza vaccinations: a national survey.Pediatrics. 2020; 146e20193852https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2019-3852
Measles cases and outbreaks. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/measles/cases-outbreaks.html. Updated October 21, 2021. Accessed October 27, 2021.
- National update on measles cases and outbreaks-United States, January 1–October 1, 2019.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2019; 68: 893-896https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6840e2
- Consequences of undervaccination - measles outbreak, New York City, 2018-2019.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 1009-1017https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1912514
- Population-level impact, herd immunity, and elimination after human papillomavirus vaccination: a systematic review and meta-analysis of predictions from transmission-dynamic models.Lancet Public Health. 2016; 1: e8-e17https://doi.org/10.1016/S2468-2667(16)30001-9
WHO. Ten threats to global health in 2019. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO. https://www.who.int/news-room/spotlight/ten-threats-to-global-health-in-2019. Accessed August 3, 2020.
Vaccination. The Community Guide. https://www.thecommunityguide.org/topic/vaccination. Accessed September 5, 2020.
- Increasing vaccination: putting psychological science into action.Psychol Sci Public Interest. 2017; 18: 149-207https://doi.org/10.1177/1529100618760521
- A randomized trial of the effect of centralized reminder/recall on immunizations and preventive care visits for adolescents.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: 204-213https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acap.2013.01.002
- Prevalence of parental concerns about childhood vaccines: the experience of primary care physicians.Am J Prev Med. 2011; 40: 548-555https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2010.12.025
- Evaluating interventions to increase influenza vaccination rates among pediatric inpatients.Pediatr Qual Saf. 2018; 3: e102https://doi.org/10.1097/pq9.0000000000000102
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Building confidence in COVID-19 vaccines: vaccinate with confidence: strategy to reinforce confidence in COVID-19 vaccines. Atlanta, GA: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/vaccinate-with-confidence.html. Updated October 26, 2021. Accessed October 27, 2021.
Making a strong flu vaccine recommendation. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/vaccination/flu-vaccine-recommendation.htm. Updated September 14, 2021. Accessed October 27, 2021.
- Effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on routine pediatric vaccine ordering and administration - United States, 2020.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020; 69: 591-593https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6919e2