Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Changes in insurance coverage among cancer patients under the Affordable Care Act.JAMA Oncol. 2018; 4: 122-124https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaoncol.2017.3176
- Early impact of the Affordable Care Act and Medicaid expansion on racial and socioeconomic disparities in cancer care.Am J Clin Oncol. 2020; 43: 163-167https://doi.org/10.1097/COC.0000000000000588
- The Affordable Care Act's Medicaid expansion and impact along the cancer-care continuum: a systematic review.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2020; 112: 779-791https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djaa043
- Changes in insurance coverage and stage at diagnosis among nonelderly patients with cancer after the Affordable Care Act.J Clin Oncol. 2017; 35: 3906-3915https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2017.73.7817
Nikpay SS, Tebbs MG, Castellanos EH. Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Medicaid expansion and gains in health insurance coverage and access among cancer survivors. Cancer. 2018;124(12):2645–2652. https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.31288.
- Effect of Medicaid expansions of 2014 on overall and early-stage cancer diagnoses.Am J Public Health. 2018; 108: 216-218https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2017.304166
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) Medicaid expansion impact on racial disparities in time to cancer treatment.J Clin Oncol. 2019; 37 (–LBA1): LBA1https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2019.37.18_suppl.LBA1
- What does Medicaid expansion mean for cancer screening and prevention? Results from a randomized trial on the impacts of acquiring Medicaid coverage.Cancer. 2016; 122: 791-797https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.29802
- Effect of Medicaid expansion on colorectal cancer screening rates.Dis Colon Rectum. 2019; 62: 97-103https://doi.org/10.1097/DCR.0000000000001260
- Early impact of Medicaid expansion and quality of breast cancer care in Kentucky.J Am Coll Surg. 2018; 226: 498-504https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2017.12.041
- Changes in breast and colorectal cancer screening after Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act.Am J Prev Med. 2019; 57: 3-12https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2019.02.015
- Increased cancer screening for low-income adults under the Affordable Care Act Medicaid expansion.Med Care. 2018; 56: 944-949https://doi.org/10.1097/MLR.0000000000000984
- Association of Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act with insurance status, cancer stage, and timely treatment among patients with breast, colon, and lung cancer.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3e1921653https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2019.21653
- Evaluating the effect of Medicaid expansion on Black/White breast cancer mortality disparities: a difference-in-difference analysis.JCO Glob Oncol. 2020; 6: 1178-1183https://doi.org/10.1200/GO.20.00068
- Impact of the Affordable Care Act and early Medicaid expansion on head and neck cancer mortality in the United States.J Clin Oncol. 2020; 38: 7035https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2020.38.15_suppl.7035
- Association of Medicaid expansion under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act with non–small cell lung cancer survival.JAMA Oncol. 2020; 6: 1289-1290https://doi.org/10.1001/jamaoncol.2020.1040
- Medicaid expansion and mortality among patients with breast, lung, and colorectal cancer.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3e2024366https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2020.24366
Cancer mortality by State. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/cancer_mortality/cancer.htm. Updated February 10, 2021. Accessed October 7, 2021.
American Cancer Society. Cancer facts & figures for African Americans 2019-2021. Atlanta, GA: American Cancer Society.https://www.cancer.org/content/dam/cancer-org/research/cancer-facts-and-statistics/cancer-facts-and-figures-for-african-americans/cancer-facts-and-figures-for-african-americans-2019-2021.pdf. Published 2019. Accessed October 7, 2021.
- Annual report to the nation on the status of cancer, part I: national cancer statistics.Cancer. 2020; 126: 2225-2249https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.32802
- Medicaid coverage expansion and implications for cancer disparities.Am J Public Health. 2015; 105: S706-S712https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2015.302876
- Positive impact of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Medicaid expansion on Louisiana women with breast cancer.Cancer. 2021; 127: 688-699https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.33265
Kaiser Family Foundation. Medicaid state fact sheets. San Francisco, CA: Kaiser Family Foundation. https://www.kff.org/interactive/medicaid-state-fact-sheets/. Published October 17, 2019. Accessed October 7, 2021.
Callison K, Walker B, Stoecker C, Self J, Diana ML. Medicaid expansion reduced uncompensated care costs at Louisiana hospitals; may be a model for other states. Health Aff (Millwood). 2021;40(3):529–535. https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2020.01677.
- Difference in difference, controlled interrupted time series and synthetic controls.Int J Epidemiol. 2019; 48: 2062-2063https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyz050
- Now trending: coping with non-parallel trends in difference-in-differences analysis.Stat Methods Med Res. 2019; 28: 3697-3711https://doi.org/10.1177/0962280218814570
- Birds of a feather flock together: comparing controlled pre–post designs.Health Serv Res. 2021; 56: 942-952https://doi.org/10.1111/1475-6773.13697
Uninsured rates for the nonelderly by race/ethnicity. Kaiser Family Foundation.https://www.kff.org/uninsured/state-indicator/nonelderly-uninsured-rate-by-raceethnicity/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D. Accessed October 7, 2021.
- Racial/ethnic differences in self-reported racism and its association with cancer-related health behaviors.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 364-374https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2009.163899
- Racism and cancer care: a call for recognition and reform.Oncologist. 2020; 25: 729https://doi.org/10.1634/theoncologist.2020-0752