- Siegel RL
- Miller KD
- Fuchs HE
- Jemal A.
- Bailey ZD
- Krieger N
- Agénor M
- Graves J
- Linos N
- Bassett MT.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Cancer statistics, 2021.CA Cancer J Clin. 2021; 71: 7-33https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21654
- Structural racism and health inequities in the USA: evidence and interventions.Lancet. 2017; 389: 1453-1463https://doi.org/10.1016/s0140-6736(17)30569-x
- Sciences Engineering Medicine.Communities in action: pathways to health equity. National Academies Press, Washington, DC2017
- Contextual effects and cancer outcomes in the United States: a systematic review of characteristics in multilevel analyses.Ann Epidemiol. 2017; 27: 739-748.e3https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annepidem.2017.10.002
- Comprehensive analysis of genetic ancestry and its molecular correlates in cancer.Cancer Cell. 2020; 37: 639-654.e6https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ccell.2020.04.012
- The GWAS Diversity Monitor tracks diversity by disease in real time.Nat Genet. 2020; 52: 242-243https://doi.org/10.1038/s41588-020-0580-y
- A review of barriers to minorities’ participation in cancer clinical trials: implications for future cancer research.J Immigr Minor Health. 2016; 18: 447-453https://doi.org/10.1007/s10903-015-0198-9
- Moving forward: breaking the cycle of mistrust between American Indians and researchers.Am J Public Health. 2013; 103: 2152-2159https://doi.org/10.2105/ajph.2013.301480
- More than Tuskegee: understanding mistrust about research participation.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2010; 21: 879-897https://doi.org/10.1353/hpu.0.0323
- Making the case for investment in rural cancer control: an analysis of rural cancer incidence, mortality, and funding trends.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2017; 26: 992-997https://doi.org/10.1158/1055-9965.epi-17-0092
Rural action plan. HHS. https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/hhs-rural-action-plan.pdf. Published 2020. Accessed October 15, 2021.
- All rural places are not created equal: revisiting the rural mortality penalty in the United States.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: 2122-2129https://doi.org/10.2105/ajph.2014.301989
- Topic choice contributes to the lower rate of NIH awards to African-American/black scientists.Sci Adv. 2019; 5: eaaw7238https://doi.org/10.1126/sciadv.aaw7238
- Dealing with the positive publication bias: why you should really publish your negative results.Biochem Med. 2017; 27030201https://doi.org/10.11613/bm.2017.030201
- Diabetes disparities and promising interventions to address diabetes in Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander populations.Curr Diab Rep. 2019; 19: 19https://doi.org/10.1007/s11892-019-1138-1
- Small is essential: importance of subpopulation research in cancer control.Am J Public Health. 2015; 105: S371-S373https://doi.org/10.2105/ajph.2014. 302267
- National Academies of Sciences Engineering Medicine. Improving health research on small populations: proceedings of a workshop. The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2018
- Strategies for Team Science Success.Springer International Publishing, Switzerland2019
- Recommendations for cancer epidemiologic research in understudied populations and implications for future needs.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016; 25: 573-580https://doi.org/10.1158/1055-9965.epi-15-1297
- TREC to WHERE? Transdisciplinary research on energetics and cancer.Clin Cancer Res. 2016; 22: 1565-1571https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.ccr-14-1214