Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices recommended immunization schedule for children and adolescents aged 18 years or younger - United States, 2020.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020; 69: 130-132https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6905a3
- Additional health care visits needed among adolescents for human papillomavirus vaccine delivery within medical homes: a national study.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: 461-466https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2007-0012
- National, regional, state, and selected local area vaccination coverage among adolescents aged 13–17 years - United States, 2019.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020; 69: 1109-1116https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6933a1
- Missed opportunities for adolescent vaccination, 2006-2011.J Adolesc Health. 2013; 53: 492-497https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2013.05.009
- Factors associated with not receiving HPV vaccine among adolescents by metropolitan statistical area status, United States, National Immunization Survey-Teen, 2016-2017.Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2020; 16: 562-572https://doi.org/10.1080/21645515.2019.1670036
- Statewide analysis of missed opportunities for human papillomavirus vaccination using vaccine registry data.Papillomavirus Res. 2016; 2: 128-132https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pvr.2016.06.002
- Concomitant adolescent vaccination in the U.S., 2007-2012.Am J Prev Med. 2016; 51: 693-705https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2016.05.013
- Concomitant HPV and MenACWY vaccination among sixth and seventh graders receiving Tdap.Vaccine. 2018; 36: 6819-6825https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2018.08.076
- The impact of the number of injections per visit on the likelihood of human papillomavirus immunization.J Pediatr X. 2020; 3100024https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ympdx.2020.100024
- Patterns of use of human papillomavirus and other adolescent vaccines in the United States.J Adolesc Health. 2017; 61: 281-287https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2017.05.016
- Geographic factors and human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination initiation among adolescent girls in the United States.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016; 25: 309-317https://doi.org/10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-15-0658
- Area-based socioeconomic factors and human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination among teen boys in the United States.BMC Public Health. 2017; 18 ([published correction appears in BMC Public Health. 2017;17(1):736]): 19https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-017-4567-2
- Area-level variation and human papillomavirus vaccination among adolescents and young adults in the United States: a systematic review.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2021; 30: 13-21https://doi.org/10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-20-0617
2013-2017 ACS 5-year estimates. U.S. Census Bureau.https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/technical-documentation/table-and-geography-changes/2017/5-year.html. Updated October 8, 2021. Accessed January 6, 2020.
- National immunization survey-teen: a user’s guide for the 2017 public-use data file.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA2018Accessed February 11, 2021)
Documentation 2010 Rural-Urban Commuting Area (RUCA) Codes. U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Economic Research Service.https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/rural-urban-commuting-area-codes/documentation/. Updated August 17, 2020. Accessed February 27, 2021.
State laws and mandates by vaccine. Immunization Action Coalition. https://www.immunize.org/laws/. Updated May 24, 2021. Accessed January 24, 2022.
- Rural-urban differences in human papillomavirus-associated cancer trends and rates.J Rural Health. 2019; 35: 208-215https://doi.org/10.1111/jrh.12305
- A narrative review of HPV vaccination interventions in rural U.S. communities.Prev Med. 2021; 145106407https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2020.106407
- Kepka D. HPV vaccination coverage among U.S. teens across the rural-urban continuum.J Rural Health. 2019; 35: 506-517https://doi.org/10.1111/jrh.12353
- Spatial access to vaccines for children providers in South Carolina: implications for HPV vaccination.Prev Chronic Dis. 2020; 17: E163https://doi.org/10.5888/pcd17.200300
- A look at rural hospital closures and implications for access to care: three case studies. Kaiser Family Foundation Issue Brief.Kaiser Family Foundation, San Francisco, CA2016https://files.kff.org/attachment/issue-brief-a-look-at-rural-hospital-closures-and-implications-for-access-to-care(Published July 7, 2016. Accessed May 25, 2021)
CDC vaccine price list. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/awardees/vaccine-management/price-list/index.html#pediatric. Updated January 1, 2022. Accessed January 24, 2022.
- The scope and impact of mobile health clinics in the United States: a literature review.Int J Equity Health. 2017; 16: 178https://doi.org/10.1186/s12939-017-0671-2
- Addressing adolescent immunization disparities: a retrospective analysis of school-based health center immunization delivery.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 1630-1634https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2009.176628
- Since the start of the Vaccines For Children Program, uptake has increased, and most disparities have decreased.Health Aff (Millwood). 2016; 35: 356-364https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2015.1019
- Reduction of racial/ethnic disparities in vaccination coverage, 1995-2011.MMWR Suppl. 2014; 63: 7-12https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2015.1019
- Neighbourhood influence on the fourth dose of diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccination.Public Health. 2019; 167: 41-49https://doi.org/10.1016/j.puhe.2018.11.009
- Alternative vaccination schedule preferences among parents of young children.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: 848-856https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2011-0400
- Prevalence of vaccine hesitancy among expectant mothers in Houston, Texas.Acad Pediatr. 2018; 18: 154-160https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acap.2017.08.003
- Factors associated with adolescent HPV vaccination in the U.S.: a systematic review of reviews and multilevel framework to inform intervention development.Prev Med. 2020; 131105968https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2019.105968
- Committee on Review of Priorities in the National Vaccine Plan.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2010Accessed January 31, 2022)
- General Best practice guidelines for immunization.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2021Updated May 4, 2021. Accessed November 5, 2021)
- HPV vaccination series completion and co-vaccination: pairing vaccines may matter for adolescents.Vaccine. 2015; 33: 5729-5732https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2015.09.077
- Achieving high adolescent HPV vaccination coverage.Pediatrics. 2016; 138e20152653https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2015-2653
- Top 10 tips for HPV vaccination success attain and maintain high HPV vaccination rates.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018Updated May 2018. Accessed April 30, 2021)
National HPV Vaccination Roundtable. Cancer prevention through HPV vaccination in your practice: an action guide for physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners. WAshington, DC: National HPV Vaccination Roundtable. http://hpvroundtable.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/PROVIDERS-Action-Guide-WEB.pdf. Published September 2019. Accessed April 30, 2021.
- Human papillomavirus vaccination coverage among adolescents, 2007–2013, and postlicensure vaccine safety monitoring, 2006–2014–United States.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63 (Accessed January 31, 2022): 620-624
ACIP meeting minutes. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/minutes-archive.html. Updated May 12, 2021. Accessed October 25, 2021.
- Human papillomavirus vaccination 2020 guideline update: American Cancer Society guideline adaptation.CA Cancer J Clin. 2020; 70: 274-280https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21616
- Improving vaccination uptake among adolescents.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2020; 1CD011895https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD011895.pub2
- Examining the spatiotemporal evolution of vaccine refusal: nonmedical exemptions from vaccination in California, 2000-2013.BMC Public Health. 2018; 18: 458https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-018-5368-y
- Exploring socio-demographic and geospatial variation in human papillomavirus vaccination uptake in Virginia.Vaccine. 2021; 39: 5385-5390https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2021.07.079