Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
Census of fatal occupational injuries (CFOI) - current. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. https://www.bls.gov/iif/oshcfoi1.htm. Accessed July 17, 2019.
National Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries in 2018 [news release]. Washington, DC: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor; December 17, 2019. https://www.bls.gov/news.release/archives/cfoi_12172019.pdf. Accessed October 6, 2021.
- Low wages as occupational health hazards.J Occup Environ Med. 2016; 58: 444-447https://doi.org/10.1097/JOM.0000000000000717
- Socioeconomic status and injury mortality: individual and neighbourhood determinants.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2000; 54: 517-524https://doi.org/10.1136/jech.54.7.517
- Examining occupational health and safety disparities using national data: a cause for continuing concern.Am J Ind Med. 2014; 57: 527-538https://doi.org/10.1002/ajim.22297
- Do immigrants work in riskier jobs?.Demography. 2009; 46: 535-551https://doi.org/10.1353/dem.0.0064
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Fatal work-related injuries - United States, 2005-2009.MMWR Suppl. 2013; 62: 41-45
- Two-thirds of Americans favor raising federal minimum wage to $15 an hour.Pew Research Center, Washington, DCJuly 30, 2019https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/07/30/two-thirds-of-americans-favor-raising-federal-minimum-wage-to-15-an-hour/(PublishedAccessed August 6, 2020)
- House passes bill to raise minimum wage to $15, a victory for liberals.New York Times, July 18, 2019https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/18/us/politics/minimum-wage.htmlDate accessed: August 7, 2020
Congressional Budget Office. The effects of a minimum-wage increase on employment and family income. Washington DC: Congressional Budget Office. https://www.cbo.gov/publication/44995. Published February 18, 2014.
- Introduction of a national minimum wage reduced depressive symptoms in low-wage workers: a quasi-natural experiment in the UK.Health Econ. 2017; 26: 639-655https://doi.org/10.1002/hec.3336
- Inequality at work: the effect of peer salaries on job satisfaction.Am Econ Rev. 2012; 102: 2981-3003https://doi.org/10.1257/aer.102.6.2981
- The contribution of the minimum wage to US wage inequality over three decades: a reassessment.Am Econ J Appl Econ. 2016; 8: 58-99https://doi.org/10.1257/app.20140073
- Minimum wage effects throughout the wage distribution.J Hum Resour. 2004; 39: 425-450https://doi.org/10.2307/3559021
- Estimating the effects of wages on obesity.J Occup Environ Med. 2010; 52: 495-500https://doi.org/10.1097/JOM.0b013e3181dbc867
- Minimum wages and public health: a literature review.Prev Med. 2019; 118: 122-134https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2018.10.005
Local area unemployment statistics. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. https://www.bls.gov/lau/. Updated May 24, 2019. Accessed July 2019.
The Policy Surveillance Program: a law atlas project. Minimum wage laws. Temple University Beasley School of Law. https://lawatlas.org/. Updated August 1, 2016. Accessed July 2019.
Minimum wage rate by state. St Louis Federal Reserve Bank. Economic research. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/release?rid=387. Updated August 4, 2020. Accessed August 12, 2020.
State minimum wages. National Conference of State Legislatures. http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-minimum-wage-chart.aspx. Accessed December 13, 2019.
Web-based injury statistics and query and reporting system. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/index.html. Accessed July 2019.
American community survey (ACS). United States Census Bureau. https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/acs/. Accessed October 6, 2021.
Current Population Survey. Washington DC: United States Census Bureau. https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/cps.html. Accessed September 2019.
- Estimates of union density by state.Mon Labor Rev. 2001; 124: 51-55https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.285493
Right-to-work resources. National Conference of State Legislatures. http://www.ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/right-to-work-laws-and-bills.aspx. Updated 2017. Accessed August 17, 2018.
State OSHA plans. Occupational Safety and Health Administration. https://www.osha.gov/stateplans. Updated July 28, 2018. Accessed August 8, 2020.
Stata IC (computer program). Version 14.2.
- Does minimum wage affect workplace safety?.SSRN Journal. 2018; (CERGE-EI Working Paper Series No. 615)https://doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3161175
- Occupational injury and illness surveillance: conceptual filters explain underreporting.Am J Public Health. 2002; 92: 1421-1429https://doi.org/10.2105/ajph.92.9.1421
- States with low non-fatal injury rates have high fatality rates and vice-versa.Am J Ind Med. 2013; 56: 509-519https://doi.org/10.1002/ajim.22047
- Protecting construction worker health and safety in Ontario, Canada: identifying a union safety effect.J Occup Environ Med. 2015; 57: 1337-1342https://doi.org/10.1097/JOM.0000000000000562