Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes with lifestyle intervention or metformin.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 393-403https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa012512
- Evaluation of a diabetes prevention program lifestyle intervention in older adults: a randomized controlled study in three senior/community centers of varying socioeconomic status.Diabetes Educ. 2018; 44: 118-129https://doi.org/10.1177/0145721718759982
- Community trial of a faith-based lifestyle intervention to prevent diabetes among African-Americans.J Community Health. 2016; 41: 87-96https://doi.org/10.1007/s10900-015-0071-8
- Improving employee health: evaluation of a worksite lifestyle change program to decrease risk factors for diabetes and cardiovascular disease.J Occup Environ Med. 2015; 57: 284-291https://doi.org/10.1097/JOM.0000000000000350
National Diabetes Prevention Program. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/prevention/index.htm. Updated August 27, 2021. Accessed October 29, 2021.
Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (MDPP) expanded model. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. https://innovation.cms.gov/initiatives/medicare-diabetes-prevention-program/. Updated November 2, 2021. Accessed August 21, 2019.
- Public health approaches to type 2 diabetes prevention: the U.S. National Diabetes Prevention Program and beyond [published correction appears in Curr Diab Rep. 2020;20(8):36].Curr Diab Rep. 2019; 19: 78https://doi.org/10.1007/s11892-019-1200-z
- A national effort to prevent type 2 diabetes: participant-level evaluation of CDC's National Diabetes Prevention Program.Diabetes Care. 2017; 40: 1331-1341https://doi.org/10.2337/dc16-2099
- Evaluation of physical activity reporting in community Diabetes Prevention Program lifestyle intervention efforts: a systematic review.Prev Med. 2015; 77: 191-199https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2015.05.023
- Cardiometabolic risk factor changes observed in diabetes prevention programs in U.S. settings: a systematic review and meta-analysis.PLoS Med. 2016; 13e1002095https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1002095
- National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) expert panel on detection, evaluation, and treatment of high blood cholesterol in adults (Adult Treatment Panel III) final report.Circulation. 2002; 106: 3143-3421https://doi.org/10.1161/circ.106.25.3143
- Translating the Diabetes Prevention Program: a comprehensive model for prevention training and program delivery.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 37: 505-511https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2009.07.020
- Energy intake and physical activity in Pima Indians: comparison with energy expenditure measured by doubly-labeled water.Obes Res. 1994; 2: 541-548https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1550-8528.1994.tb00103.x
- Development of questionnaire to examine relationship of physical activity and diabetes in Pima Indians.Diabetes Care. 1990; 13: 401-411https://doi.org/10.2337/diacare.13.4.401
- Cardiovascular health in early adulthood predicts the development of coronary heart disease in individuals with type 1 diabetes: 25 year follow-up from the Pittsburgh Epidemiology of Diabetes Complications study.Diabetologia. 2021; 64: 571-580https://doi.org/10.1007/s00125-020-05328-9
- Improving diabetes prevention with benefit based tailored treatment: risk based reanalysis of Diabetes Prevention Program.BMJ. 2015; 350: h454https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.h454
- Effect of lifestyle interventions on cardiovascular risk factors among adults without impaired glucose tolerance or diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0176436https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0176436
- Subgroup analyses in randomized controlled trials: the need for risk stratification in kidney transplantation.Am J Transplant. 2009; 9: 2217-2222https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-6143.2009.02802.x
- The impact of physical activity on the prevention of type 2 diabetes: evidence and lessons learned from the Diabetes Prevention Program, a long-standing clinical trial incorporating subjective and objective activity measures.Diabetes Care. 2021; 44: 43-49https://doi.org/10.2337/dc20-1129
- Effect of weight loss with lifestyle intervention on risk of diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2006; 29: 2102-2107https://doi.org/10.2337/dc06-0560
- Physical Activity: Moving Toward Obesity Solutions: Workshop Summary.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2015https://doi.org/10.17226/21802