Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- How could complementary feeding patterns affect the susceptibility to NCD later in life?.Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2012; 22: 765-769https://doi.org/10.1016/j.numecd.2012.03.011
- Long-term health impact of early nutrition: the power of programming.Ann Nutr Metab. 2017; 70: 161-169https://doi.org/10.1159/000477781
- Longitudinal changes in diet from childhood into adulthood with respect to risk of cardiovascular diseases: the Cardiovascular Risk in Young Finns Study.Eur J Clin Nutr. 2004; 58: 1038-1045https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.ejcn.1601929
- Trends in diet quality among youth in the United States, 1999-2016.JAMA. 2020; 323: 1161-1174https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2020.0878
- Diet quality in a nationally representative sample of American children by sociodemographic characteristics.Am J Clin Nutr. 2019; 109: 127-138https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/nqy284
- Dietary quality among children from 6 months to 4 years, NHANES 2011-2016.Am J Clin Nutr. 2020; 111: 61-69https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/nqz261
- Diet quality of U.K. infants is associated with dietary, adiposity, cardiovascular, and cognitive outcomes measured at 7–8 years of age.J Nutr. 2013; 143: 1611-1617https://doi.org/10.3945/jn.112.170605
- Diet quality trajectories and cardiovascular phenotypes/metabolic syndrome risk by 11-12 years.Int J Obes (Lond). 2021; 45: 1392-1403https://doi.org/10.1038/s41366-021-00800-x
- Childhood diet and asthma and atopy at 8 years of age: the PIAMA birth cohort study.Eur Respir J. 2011; 37: 1060-1067https://doi.org/10.1183/09031936.00106109
- Preventing chronic disease risk factors: rationale and feasibility.Medicina (Kaunas). 2008; 44: 745-750https://doi.org/10.3390/medicina44100094
- Dietary Reference Intakes for Sodium and Potassium.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2019https://doi.org/10.17226/25353
WIC data tables. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service. https://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/wic-program. Updated February 18, 2022. Accessed February 23, 2022.
Effective Health Care (EHC) Program: maternal and childhood outcomes associated with the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC). HHS, Agency of Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. https://effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/products/outcomes-nutrition. Updated October 2021. Accessed November 8, 2021.
- The effect of participation in the WIC program on preschoolers’ diets.J Pediatr. 2004; 144: 229-234https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2003.10.052
- Usual nutrient intakes from the diets of US children by WIC participation and income: findings from the Feeding Infants and Toddlers Study (FITS) 2016.J Nutr. 2018; 148 (suppl): 1567S-1574Shttps://doi.org/10.1093/jn/nxy059
- WIC and non-WIC infants and children differ in usage of some WIC-provided foods.J Nutr. 2018; 148 (suppl): 1547S-1556Shttps://doi.org/10.1093/jn/nxy157
- Revised WIC food package and children's diet quality.Pediatrics. 2016; 137e20153557https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2015-3557
- Longer participation in WIC is associated with better diet quality in 24-month-old children.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2020; 120: 963-971https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2019.12.012
- A systematic review of diet quality indices in relation to obesity.Br J Nutr. 2017; 117: 1055-1065https://doi.org/10.1017/S0007114517000915
- Adherence to the Healthy Eating Index-2015 and other dietary patterns may reduce risk of cardiovascular disease, cardiovascular mortality, and all-cause mortality.J Nutr. 2020; 150: 312-321https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/nxz218
- Diet quality is inversely related to cardiovascular risk factors in adults.J Nutr. 2012; 142 ([published correction appears in J Nutr. 2013;143(4):550]): 2112-2118https://doi.org/10.3945/jn.112.164889
- Visceral adiposity and diet quality are differentially associated with cognitive abilities and early academic skills among preschool-age children.Front Pediatr. 2020; 7: 548https://doi.org/10.3389/fped.2019.00548
- Associations between diet quality and body composition in young children born with very low body weight.J Nutr. 2020; 150: 2961-2968https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/nxaa281
- Dietary quality, caloric intake, and adiposity of childhood cancer survivors and their siblings: an analysis from the cardiac risk factors in childhood cancer survivors study.Nutr Cancer. 2013; 65: 547-555https://doi.org/10.1080/01635581.2013.770042
- WIC Infant and Toddler Feeding Practices Study: protocol design and implementation.Am J Clin Nutr. 2014; 99: 742S-746Shttps://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.113.073585
- WIC infant and toddler feeding practices study-2: infant year report.Westat, Rockville, MD2021 (https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/ops/WIC-ITFPS2-Infant.pdf. Published 2017. Accessed November 9, 2021)
- WIC Infant and Toddler Feeding Practices Study-2 Second Year Report.Westat, Rockville, MD2021 (https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/ops/WIC-ITFPS2-Year2Report.pdf. Published 2018. Accessed November 9, 2021)
- WIC Infant and Toddler Feeding Practices Study-2: Third Year Report.Westat, Rockville, MD2021 (https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/resource-files/WIC-ITFPS2-Year3Report.pdf. Published 2019. Accessed November 9, 2021)
- WIC Infant and Toddler Feeding Practices Study-2 Fourth Year Report.Westat, Rockville, MD2021 (https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/resource-files/WIC-ITFPS2-Year4Report.pdf. Published 2020. Accessed November 9, 2021)
- The USDA Automated Multiple-Pass Method accurately estimates group total energy and nutrient intake.J Nutr. 2006; 136: 2594-2599https://doi.org/10.1093/jn/136.10.2594
- An overview of USDA's dietary intake data system.J Food Compos Anal. 2004; 17: 545-555https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfca.2004.02.013
National Cancer Institute, Developing the Healthy Eating Index, 2020, Division of Cancer Control & Population Sciences; Bethesda, MD, https://epi.grants.cancer.gov/hei/developing.html#2015. Updated July 24, 2020. Accessed September 9, 2021.
- The economic costs of poverty in the United States: subsequent effects of children growing up poor.Center for American Progress, Washington, DC2007 (https://www.americanprogress.org/article/the-economic-costs-of-poverty/. Published January 24, 2007. Accessed February 23, 2022)
- Small changes in dietary sugar and physical activity as an approach to preventing excessive weight gain: the America on the Move Family Study.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: e869-e879https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2006-2927
- Can a small-changes approach help address the obesity epidemic? A report of the Joint Task Force of the American Society for Nutrition, Institute of Food Technologists, and International Food Information Council.Am J Clin Nutr. 2009; 89: 477-484https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.2008.26566
- Small changes in snacking behaviour: the potential impact on CVD mortality.Public Health Nutr. 2009; 12: 871-876https://doi.org/10.1017/S1368980008003054