Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
Web-Based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (WISQARS). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control. https://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars. Updated 2021. Accessed June 24, 2021.
- Comparisons between suicide in persons with serious mental illness, other mental disorders, or no known mental illness: results from 37 U.S. states, 2003-2017.Schizophr Res. 2021; 228: 74-82https://doi.org/10.1016/j.schres.2020.11.058
- Vital signs: trends in state suicide rates - United States, 1999-2016 and circumstances contributing to suicide - 27 states, 2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2018; 67: 617-624https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6722a1
- Men's mental health help-seeking behaviors: an intersectional analysis.Am J Mens Health. 2018; 12: 64-73https://doi.org/10.1177/1557988315625776
- The social nature of male suicide: a new analytic model.Int J Mens Health. 2011; 10: 240-252https://doi.org/10.3149/jmh.1003.240
- Surveillance for violent deaths - National Violent Death Reporting System, 34 states, four California counties, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico, 2017.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2020; 69: 1-37https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.ss6908a1
- Psychological autopsy studies of suicide: a systematic review.Psychol Med. 2003; 33: 395-405https://doi.org/10.1017/S0033291702006943
- Psychological autopsy studies as diagnostic tools: are they methodologically flawed?.Death Stud. 2012; 36: 605-626https://doi.org/10.1080/07481187.2011.584015
- Mental health disparities: diverse populations.American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC2017 (https://www.psychiatry.org/File%20Library/Psychiatrists/Cultural-Competency/Mental-Health-Disparities/Mental-Health-Facts-for-Diverse-Populations.pdf. Accessed August 12, 2021)
- The Gendered Landscape of Suicide: Masculinities, Emotions, and Culture.1st ed. Palgrave Macmillan, London, United Kingdom2019https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-16634-2_1
- Men's mental health: social determinants and implications for services.Can J Psychol. 2018; 63: 581-589https://doi.org/10.1177/0706743718762388
- The emergence of gender differences in depression during adolescence.Psychol Bull. 1994; 115: 424-443https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.115.3.424
- Preventing suicide: a technical package of policies, programs, and practices.National Center for Injury Prevention and ControlCenters for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA2017https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/pdf/suicidetechnicalpackage.pdfDate accessed: August 12, 2021