Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Guidelines for community noise.WHO, Geneva, Switzerland1999https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/66217Date accessed: March 16, 2022
- Real noise from the urban environment: how ambient community noise affects health and what can be done about it.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 37: 167-171https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2009.03.019
- The health effects of environmental noise.Department of Health, Commonwealth of Australia, Canberra, Australia2018https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/content/A12B57E41EC9F326CA257BF0001F9E7D/$File/health-effects-Environmental-Noise-2018.pdfDate accessed: March 16, 2022
WHO. Environmental noise guidelines for the European region. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO.https://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/environment-and-health/noise/environmental-noise-guidelines-for-the-european-region. Published 2018. Accessed March 16, 2022.
- The quantitative relationship between road traffic noise and hypertension: a meta-analysis.J Hypertens. 2012; 30: 1075-1086https://doi.org/10.1097/HJH.0b013e328352ac54
- Residential road traffic noise as a risk factor for hypertension in adults: systematic review and meta-analysis of analytic studies published in the period 2011-2017.Environ Pollut. 2018; 240: 306-318https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envpol.2018.04.122
- The association between road traffic noise and myocardial infarction: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Sci Total Environ. 2020; 731139226https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.139226
- Associations and effect modification between transportation noise, self-reported response to noise and the wider determinants of health: a narrative synthesis of the literature.Sci Total Environ. 2020; 748141040https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.141040
- WHO housing and health guidelines.WHO, Geneva, Switzerland2018http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/276001/9789241550376-eng.pdfDate accessed: March 16, 2022
- Race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status, residential segregation, and spatial variation in noise exposure in the contiguous United States.Environ Health Perspect. 2017; 125077017https://doi.org/10.1289/EHP898
- Social inequalities in environmental noise exposure: a review of evidence in the WHO European Region.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2019; 16: 1011https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph16061011
- Traffic noise and mental health: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020; 17: 6175https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17176175
- Road traffic noise exposure and depression/anxiety: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2019; 16: 4134https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph16214134
- The link between noise perception and quality of life in South Australia.Noise Health. 2014; 16: 137-142https://doi.org/10.4103/1463-1741.134913
- Understanding the relationships among individual-based momentary measured noise, perceived noise, and psychological stress: a geographic ecological momentary assessment (GEMA) approach.Health Place. 2020; 64: 102285https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healthplace.2020.102285
- A multilevel analysis of perceived noise pollution, geographic contexts and mental health in Beijing.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018; 15: 1479https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph15071479
- Cardiovascular and stress responses to short-term noise exposures-A panel study in healthy males.Environ Res. 2016; 150: 391-397https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envres.2016.06.016
- Noise and stress: a comprehensive approach.Environ Health Perspect. 1981; 41: 291-309https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.8141291
- Neighbourhood environment and physical activity in older adults.Soc Sci Med. 2016; 149: 104-113https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2015.12.011
- Evidence for environmental noise effects on health for the United Kingdom policy context: a systematic review of the effects of environmental noise on mental health, wellbeing, quality of life, cancer, dementia, birth, reproductive outcomes, and cognition.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020; 17: 393https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17020393
Beaglehole R, Bonita R, Kjellström T. Basic epidemiology. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO. http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/9241544465.pdf. Published 1993. Accessed March 16, 2022.
- Mostly Harmless Econometrics: an Empiricist's Companion.Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ2008https://doi.org/10.2307/j.ctvcm4j72
Summerfield M, Garrard B, Hahn M, et al. HILDA user manual Release 19. Melbourne, Australia: Melbourne Institute: Applied Economic and Social Research, University of Melbourne.https://melbourneinstitute.unimelb.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/3562857/HILDA-User-Manual-Release-19.0.pdf. Published 2020. Accessed March 16, 2022.
- Australian statistical geography standard (ASGS): Volume 1. Main Structure and Greater Capital City Statistical Areas.Australian Bureau of Statistics, Canberra, Australia2016https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/1270.0.55.001Date accessed: March 16, 2022
- Applied Logistic Regression.Wiley, Hoboken, NJ2013https://doi.org/10.1002/9781118548387
- Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data.MIT press, Cambridge, MA2010https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/econometric-analysis-cross-section-and-panel-data-second-editionDate accessed: March 16, 2022
- 4817.0.55.001 - Information paper: use of the Kessler Psychological Distress Scale in ABS health surveys, Australia, 2007-08.Australian Bureau of Statistics, Canberra, AustraliaApril 4, 2012https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]/mf/4817.0.55.001Date accessed: March 16, 2022
- WHO environmental noise guidelines for the European region: a systematic review on environmental noise and quality of life, wellbeing and mental health.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018; 15: 2400https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph15112400
- Transportation noise exposure and anxiety: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Environ Res. 2020; 191110118https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envres.2020.110118
- WHO environmental noise guidelines for the European region: a systematic review on environmental noise and annoyance.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2017; 14: 1539https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph14121539
- Burden of disease from environmental noise: quantification of healthy life years lost in Europe.WHO, Regional Office for Europe, Copenhagen, Denmark2011https://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0008/136466/e94888.pdfDate accessed: March 16, 2022
- Urban green spaces and health: a review of evidence.WHO, Regional Office for Europe, Copenhagen, Denmark2016https://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/321971/Urban-green-spaces-and-health-review-evidence.pdfDate accessed: March 16, 2022
- Environmental noise exposure and mental health: an analysis of a longitudinal survey of Australian households. IEA World Congress of Epidemiology 2021 - Scientific Program Abstracts.Int J Epidemiol. 2021; 50https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyab168.378