President Biden's State of the Union address.
FACT SHEET: President Biden to announce strategy to address our national mental health crisis, as part of unity agenda in his first state of the Union.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- President Biden's State of the Union address.The White House, Washington, DC2022Published March 1. Accessed March 21, 2022)
- FACT SHEET: President Biden to announce strategy to address our national mental health crisis, as part of unity agenda in his first state of the Union.The White House, Washington, DC2022https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/03/01/fact-sheet-president-biden-to-announce-strategy-to-address-our-national-mental-health-crisis-as-part-of-unity-agenda-in-his-first-state-of-the-union/(Published March 1. Accessed March 10, 2022)
- Changes in suicide rates - United States, 2019 and 2020.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2022; 71: 306-312https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7108a5
- Drug overdose deaths in the U.S. Top 100,000 annually.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, 2021Updated November 17. Accessed March 20, 2022)
Facts about suicide. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, 2022. https://www.cdc.gov/suicide/facts/index.html/. Updated May 24, 2022. Accessed March 20, 2022.
- Trends of suicidal behaviors among high school students in the United States: 1991-2017.Pediatrics. 2019; 144: 10https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2019-1187
- Depression is the leading cause of disability around the world.JAMA. 2017; 317: 1517https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2017.3826
- The relationship between depression symptoms, absenteeism and presenteeism.J Affect Disord. 2019; 256: 536-540https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2019.06.041
- The Lancet Psychiatry Commission: a blueprint for protecting physical health in people with mental illness.Lancet Psychiatry. 2019; 6: 675-712https://doi.org/10.1016/S2215-0366(19)30132-4
- Key substance use and mental health indicators in the United States: results from the 2020 national survey on drug use and health.Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Rockville, MD2021https://www.samhsa.gov/data/sites/default/files/reports/rpt35325/NSDUHFFRPDFWHTMLFiles2020/2020NSDUHFFR1PDFW102121.pdf(Accessed March 20, 2022)
- Patient factors associated with guideline-concordant treatment of anxiety and depression in primary care.J Gen Intern Med. 2010; 25: 648-655https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-009-1216-1
- Narrow networks get even tighter when shopping for mental health specialists.Kaiser Health Network, 2017 (September 22)Accessed March 19, 2022)
- Suicidal? Be prepared to wait for care.The Washington Post. May 19, 2018; (Accessed March 19, 2022)https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/suicidal-be-prepared-to-wait-for-care/2018/05/18/add2ec06-48b4-11e8-9072-f6d4bc32f223_story.html
- Acceptance of insurance by psychiatrists and the implications for access to mental health care.JAMA Psychiatry. 2014; 71: 176-181https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2013.2862
H.R.1667 - Dr. Lorna Breen Health Care Provider Protection Act, 117th Congress (2022). https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1667?q=%7B%22search%22%3A%5B%22HR±1667%22%5D%7D&s=2&r=1. Accessed April 20, 2022.
- Physician burnout, interrupted.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 2485-2487https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMp2003149
- Mental health of health care workers (HCWs): a review of organizational interventions put in place by local institutions to cope with new psychosocial challenges resulting from COVID-19.Psychiatry Res. 2021; 299113847https://doi.org/10.1016/j.psychres.2021.113847
- American Psychological Association uses ACS data to identify need for mental health services, education, and training.United States Census Bureau, Washington, DCMay 11, 2021Accessed March 19, 2022)
- Depression care in the United States: too little for too few.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2010; 67: 37-46https://doi.org/10.1001/archgenpsychiatry.2009.168
- Telepsychiatry and other cutting-edge technologies in COVID-19 pandemic: bridging the distance in mental health assistance.Int J Clin Pract. 2020; 75: e13716https://doi.org/10.1111/ijcp.13716
- How mental health care should change as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic.Lancet Psychiatry. 2020; 7: 813-824https://doi.org/10.1016/S2215-0366(20)30307-2
- Studying suicide from the life course perspective: implications for prevention.Br J Psychiatry. 2005; 187: 206-208https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.187.3.206
J Snook, Memoriam: board member, Dr. Frederick J. Frese. Arlington, VA: Treatment Advocacy Center. https://www.treatmentadvocacycenter.org/fixing-the-system/features-and-news/4019-in-memoriam-board-member-dr-frederick-j-frese. Published 2018. Accessed March 19, 2022.
- Report of a Surgeon General’s Working Meeting on the Integration of Mental Health Services and Primary Health Care: held on November 30-December 1, 2000, at the Carter Center: Atlanta, Georgia.Office of the Surgeon General (U.S.), Rockville, MD2001Accessed April 20, 2022)