Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Pregnancy mortality surveillance system.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2022https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/maternal-mortality/pregnancy-mortality-surveillance-system.htm(Updated April 13)Date accessed: June 28, 2021
- Maternal mortality and morbidity in the United States: classification, causes, preventability, and critical care obstetric implications.J Perinat Neonatal Nurs. 2018; 32: 222-231https://doi.org/10.1097/JPN.0000000000000349
- Risk prediction models for maternal mortality: a systematic review and meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2018; 13e0208563https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0208563
- National vital statistics reports.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA2022https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr69/nvsr69-02-508.pdfDate accessed: June 28, 2021
- Racial/ethnic disparities in pregnancy-related deaths - United States, 2007-2016.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2019; 68: 762-765https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6835a3
- Vitals signs: pregnancy-related deaths, United States.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2019; 68: 423-429https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6818e1
- Sociodemographic patterns of chronic disease: how the mid-south region compares to the rest of the country.Am J Prev Med. 2017; 52: S31-S39https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2016.09.004
- Optimizing postpartum care.The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Washington, DC2018https://www.acog.org/clinical/clinical-guidance/committee-opinion/articles/2018/05/optimizing-postpartum-careDate accessed: June 28, 2021
- Prevalence of selected maternal and child health indicators for all PRAMS sites, 2016–2019.Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA2020https://www.cdc.gov/prams/prams-data/mch-indicators/states/pdf/2019/All-Sites_PRAMS_Prevalence-of-Selected-Indicators_2016-2019_508.pdfDate accessed: July 7, 2022
- Racial and ethnic disparities in postpartum care and contraception in California's Medicaid program.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 217 (47.e1–47.e7)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2017.02.040
Willis J, Antono B, Bazemore A et al. Primary care in the United States: a chartbook of Facts and Statistics. Washington, DC: Robert Graham Center. https://www.graham-center.org/content/dam/rgc/documents/publications-reports/reports/PrimaryCareChartbook2021.pdf. Published 2021. Accessed May 10, 2022.
- Women’s health care utilization and costs: findings from the 2020 KFF Women’s Health Survey.Kaiser Family Foundation, San Francisco, CA2021https://www.kff.org/womens-health-policy/issue-brief/womens-health-care-utilization-and-costs-findings-from-the-2020-kff-womens-health-survey/Date accessed: May 10, 2022
- Effects of Medicaid expansion on postpartum coverage and outpatient utilization.Health Aff (Millwood). 2020; 39: 77-84https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2019.00547
- Patterns of postpartum ambulatory care follow-up care among women with hypertensive disorders of pregnancy.J Am Heart Assoc. 2020; 9e016357https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.120.016357
- Bureau of Primary Health Care, Health Resources & Services Administration.Health Center Program, 2021https://bphc.hrsa.gov/qualityimprovement/strategicpartnerships/hccn.htmlDate accessed: June 28, 2021
National Health Center Program Uniform Data System (UDS) awardee data. Health Resources & Services Administration. https://data.hrsa.gov/tools/data-reporting/program-data/national. Updated 2021. Accessed June 28, 2021.
- COVID-19: exploring the repercussions on federally qualified health center service delivery and quality.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2021; 32: 137-144https://doi.org/10.1353/hpu.2021.0013
Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Program, & Basic Health Program eligibility levels. Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services. https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/national-medicaid-chip-program-information/medicaid-childrens-health-insurance-program-basic-health-program-eligibility-levels/index.html. Updated 2021. Accessed June 28, 2021.
- Developing a prognostic model in the presence of missing data: an ovarian cancer case study.J Clin Epidemiol. 2003; 56: 28-37https://doi.org/10.1016/S0895-4356(02)00539-5
- Mice: multivariate imputation by chained equations INR.J Stat Softw. 2011; 45https://doi.org/10.18637/jss.v045.i03
- Association of Medicaid Expansion in Arkansas with postpartum coverage, outpatient care, and racial disparities.JAMA Health Forum. 2021; 2e214167https://doi.org/10.1001/jamahealthforum.2021.4167
- Social and structural determinants of health inequities in maternal health.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2021; 30: 230-235https://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2020.8882
- Structural racism and health inequities in the USA: evidence and interventions.Lancet. 2017; 389: 1453-1463https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(17)30569-X
- Medicaid expansion and infant mortality in the United States.Am J Public Health. 2018; 108: 565-567https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2017.304218
- Association of state Medicaid expansion status with low birth weight and preterm birth.JAMA. 2019; 321: 1598-1609https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2019.3678
- The Affordable Care Act and access to care for reproductive-aged and pregnant women in the United States, 2010–2016.Am J Public Health. 2019; 109: 565-571https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2018.304928
- Impacts of the Affordable Care Act on receipt of women's preventive services in Community health centers in Medicaid expansion and nonexpansion states.Womens Health Issues. 2021; 31: 9-16https://doi.org/10.1016/j.whi.2020.08.011
- A systematic review of patient-, provider-, and health system-level predictors of postpartum health care use by people of color and low-income and/or uninsured populations in the United States.J Womens Health. 2021; 30: 1127-1159https://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2020.8738
- Strengthening the postpartum transition of care to address racial disparities in maternal health.J Natl Med Assoc. 2019; 111: 349-351https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jnma.2018.10.016
- Continued disparities in postpartum follow-up and screening among women with gestational diabetes and hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: a systematic review.J Perinat Neonatal Nurs. 2019; 33: 136-148https://doi.org/10.1097/JPN.0000000000000399
- Postpartum screening for diabetes after a gestational diabetes mellitus-affected pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 112: 868-874https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0b013e318184db63
- Maternal sociodemographic characteristics, experiences and health behaviors associated with postpartum care utilization: evidence from Maryland PRAMS dataset, 2012-2013.Matern Child Health J. 2018; 22: 589-598https://doi.org/10.1007/s10995-018-2428-y
- Demographic, operational, and healthcare utilization factors associated with emergency department patient satisfaction.West J Emerg Med. 2015; 16: 516-526https://doi.org/10.5811/westjem.2015.4.25074
- Implicit racial/ethnic bias among health care professionals and its influence on health care outcomes: a systematic review.Am J Public Health. 2015; 105: e60-e76https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2015.302903
- Trust in the health care professional and health outcome: a meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0170988https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0170988
- General health checks in adult primary care: a review.JAMA. 2021; 325: 2294-2306https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2021.6524
Pregnancy-Related Deaths: Data from 14 U.S. Maternal Mortality Review Committees, 2008-2017. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/maternal-mortality/erase-mm/mmr-data-brief.html. Updated 2022. Accessed June 28, 2021.
- Association of a care coordination model with health care costs and utilization: the Johns Hopkins Community Health Partnership (J-CHiP).JAMA Netw Open. 2018; 1e184273https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2018.4273
- A transition care coordinator model reduces hospital readmissions and costs.Contemp Clin Trials. 2019; 81: 55-61https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cct.2019.04.014
- Impact of medical homes on quality, healthcare utilization, and costs.Am J Manag Care. 2012; 18: 534-544