- Dennison RA
- Chen ES
- Green ME
- et al.
- Shah NS
- Wang MC
- Freaney PM
- et al.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- The absolute and relative risk of type 2 diabetes after gestational diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis of 129 studies.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2021; 171108625https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2020.108625
- Trends in gestational diabetes at first live birth by race and ethnicity in the U.S., 2011–2019.JAMA. 2021; 326: 660-669https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2021.7217
- COVID-19 pandemic: impact on gestational diabetes mellitus prevalence.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2022; 183109149https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2021.109149
- Prevention of diabetes in women with a history of gestational diabetes: effects of metformin and lifestyle interventions.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008; 93: 4774-4779https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2008-0772
- Public health approaches to type 2 diabetes prevention: the U.S. National Diabetes Prevention Program and beyond.Curr Diab Rep. 2019; 19: 78https://doi.org/10.1007/s11892-019-1200-z
- Rural/urban disparities in access to the National Diabetes Prevention Program.Transl Behav Med. 2020; 10: 1554-1558https://doi.org/10.1093/tbm/ibz098
- Retention among participants in the National Diabetes Prevention Program lifestyle change program, 2012–2017.Diabetes Care. 2020; 43: 2042-2049https://doi.org/10.2337/dc19-2366
- Using a RE-AIM framework to identify promising practices in National Diabetes Prevention Program implementation.Implement Sci. 2019; 14: 81https://doi.org/10.1186/s13012-019-0928-9
- Current perspectives on the impact of the National Diabetes Prevention Program: building on successes and overcoming challenges.Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. 2020; 13: 2949-2957https://doi.org/10.2147/DMSO.S218334
- Primary care providers’ prediabetes screening, testing, and referral behaviors.Am J Prev Med. 2018; 55: e39-e47https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2018.04.017
- Reach and use of diabetes prevention services in the United States, 2016–2017.JAMA Netw Open. 2019; 2e193160https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2019.3160
- Clinical identification and referral of adults with prediabetes to a diabetes prevention program.Prev Chronic Dis. 2019; 16: E82https://doi.org/10.5888/pcd16.180540
- Utilization of primary and obstetric care after medically complicated pregnancies: an analysis of medical claims data.J Gen Intern Med. 2014; 29: 636-645https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-013-2744-2
- Women's use of health care in the first 2 years postpartum: occurrence and correlates.Matern Child Health J. 2016; 20: 81-91https://doi.org/10.1007/s10995-016-2168-9
Find a program. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/prevention/find-a-program.html. Updated August 11, 2021. Accessed July 19, 2022.
- Reach and effectiveness of the National Diabetes Prevention Program for young women.Am J Prev Med. 2017; 53: 714-718https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2017.06.013
- Identifying postpartum intervention approaches to prevent type 2 diabetes in women with a history of gestational diabetes.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2011; 11: 23https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2393-11-23
- Barriers and facilitators of National Diabetes Prevention Program engagement among women of childbearing age: a qualitative study.Diabetes Educ. 2020; 46: 279-288https://doi.org/10.1177/0145721720920252
Diabetes Prevention Recognition Program–registry of recognized organizations. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://dprp.cdc.gov/Registry. Accessed September 16, 2022.
- Presessions to the National Diabetes Prevention Program may be a promising strategy to improve attendance and weight loss outcomes.Am J Health Promot. 2019; 33: 289-292https://doi.org/10.1177/0890117118786195
- Linking postpartum and parenting women with a National Diabetes Prevention Program: recruitment efforts, challenges, and recommendations.Diabetes Spectr. 2018; 31: 324-329https://doi.org/10.2337/ds18-0013
- Participation and weight loss in online National Diabetes Prevention Programs: a comparison of age and gender subgroups.Transl Behav Med. 2021; 11: 342-350https://doi.org/10.1093/tbm/ibaa048
- Barriers to participation and lifestyle change among lower versus higher income participants in the National Diabetes Prevention Program: lifestyle coach perspectives.Transl Behav Med. 2022; 12: 860-869https://doi.org/10.1093/tbm/ibac032
- Lifestyle interventions in overweight and obese pregnant or postpartum women for postpartum weight management: a systematic review of the literature.Nutrients. 2018; 10: 1704https://doi.org/10.3390/nu10111704
- A web-based lifestyle intervention for women with recent gestational diabetes mellitus: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 124: 563-570https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000000420
- Patient-centered goal-setting in the National Diabetes Prevention Program: a pilot study.Diabetes Care. 2021; 44: 2464-2469https://doi.org/10.2337/dc21-0677
- Choice of intensive lifestyle change and/or metformin after shared decision making for diabetes prevention: results from the Prediabetes Informed Decisions and Education (PRIDE) Study.Med Decis Making. 2021; 41: 607-613https://doi.org/10.1177/0272989X211001279