Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- E-cigarette use and respiratory disorder in an adult sample.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2019; 194: 363-370https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2018.10.004
- The association between e-cigarette use and asthma among never combustible cigarette smokers: Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) 2016 & 2017.BMC Pulm Med. 2019; 19: 180https://doi.org/10.1186/s12890-019-0950-3
- Association between electronic cigarette use and asthma among high school students in South Korea.PLoS One. 2016; 11e0151022https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0151022
- E-cigarette use and respiratory disorders: an integrative review of converging evidence from epidemiological and laboratory studies.Eur Respir J. 2021; 571901815https://doi.org/10.1183/13993003.01815-2019
- Association of electronic cigarette use with incident respiratory conditions among U.S. adults from 2013 to 2018.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3e2020816https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2020.20816
- Association of e-cigarette use with respiratory disease among adults: a longitudinal analysis.Am J Prev Med. 2020; 58: 182-190https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2019.07.028
- Electronic cigarette use in U.S. adults at risk for or with COPD: analysis from two observational cohorts.J Gen Intern Med. 2017; 32: 1315-1322https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-017-4150-7
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The Health Consequences of Smoking: 50 Years of Progress. A Report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health; 2014. https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/sgr/50th-anniversary/index.htm#complete-report. Accessed February 12, 2021.
- Global strategy for the diagnosis, management, and prevention of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: GOLD executive summary.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2007; 176: 532-555https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.200703-456SO
- Asthma and cigarette smoking: a review of the empirical literature.J Asthma. 2010; 47: 345-361https://doi.org/10.3109/02770900903556413
- What are the respiratory effects of e-cigarettes?.BMJ (Clin Res Ed). 2019; 366: l5275https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.l5275
- Changing perceptions of harm of e-cigarette vs cigarette use among adults in 2 U.S. national surveys from 2012 to 2017.JAMA Netw Open. 2019; 2e191047https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2019.1047
- Demographic characteristics, cigarette smoking, and e-cigarette use among U.S. adults.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3e2020694https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2020.20694
- Use of e-cigarettes among current smokers: associations among reasons for use, quit intentions, and current tobacco use.Nicotine Tob Res. 2015; 17: 1228-1234https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntv003
- Electronic cigarette use among U.S. adults in the Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) Study, 2013–2014.Tob Control. 2017; 26: e117-e126https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2016-053462
- Preferred flavors and reasons for e-cigarette use and discontinued use among never, current, and former smokers.Int J Public Health. 2016; 61: 225-236https://doi.org/10.1007/s00038-015-0764-x
- Design and methods of the Population Assessment of Tobacco and Health (PATH) Study.Tob Control. 2017; 26: 371-378https://doi.org/10.1136/tobaccocontrol-2016-052934
American Lung Association. Trends in COPD (chronic bronchitis and emphysema): morbidity and mortality. Chicago, IL: American Lung Association; 2013. https://www.lung.org/getmedia/4f74781e-481f-4f10-9255-8dfc9dc56974/copd-trend-report.pdf.pdf. Published March 2013. Accessed February 12, 2021.
Dennis ML, Feeney T, Stevens LH. Global Appraisal of Individual Needs-Short Screener (GAIN-SS): Administration and Scoring Manual for the GAIN-SS Version 2.0.1; 2006. https://chestnut.app.box.com/v/GAIN-SS-Materials/file/63780162801. Accessed February 12, 2021.
- Model Assisted Survey Sampling.Springer Science and Business Media, Berlin, DE2003
- Motivation to quit using cigarettes: a review.Addict Behav. 2006; 31: 42-56https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addbeh.2005.04.004
- Predictors of attempts to stop smoking and their success in adult general population samples: a systematic review.Addiction. 2011; 106: 2110-2121https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1360-0443.2011.03565.x
- Do we need tailored smoking cessation interventions for smokers with COPD? A comparative study of smokers with and without COPD regarding factors associated with tobacco smoking.Respiration. 2015; 90: 211-219https://doi.org/10.1159/000398816
- Smoking characteristics: differences in attitudes and dependence between healthy smokers and smokers with COPD.Chest. 2001; 119: 1365-1370https://doi.org/10.1378/chest.119.5.1365
- Prevalence, diagnosis and relation to tobacco dependence of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a nationally representative population sample.Thorax. 2006; 61: 1043-1047https://doi.org/10.1136/thx.2006.064410
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Smoking Cessation: A Report of the Surgeon General. Rockville, MD: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Office of the Surgeon General; 2020. https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/sgr/2020-smoking-cessation/index.html#full-report. Accessed February 12, 2021.
COVID-19: people at increased risk: people with certain medical conditions. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2021. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html. Updated May 13, 2021. Accessed July 23, 2021.
- Comparison of nicotine and toxicant exposure in users of electronic cigarettes and combustible cigarettes.JAMA Netw Open. 2018; 1e185937https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2018.5937