Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
Hedegaard H, Curtin S, Warner M. Suicide Mortality in the United States, 1999-2019. Atlanta, GA: National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://doi.org/10.15620/cdc:101761. Published February 19, 2021.
- Suicide risk for sexual minorities in middle and older age: evidence from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health.Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2019; 27: 559-563https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jagp.2018.12.023
- Suicidality risk among adult sexual minorities: results from a cross-sectional population-based survey.J Gay Lesbian Soc Serv. 2021; 33: 250-271https://doi.org/10.1080/10538720.2021.1875946
- Suicidality among sexual minority adults: gender, age, and race/ethnicity differences.Am J Prev Med. 2022; 62: 193-202https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2021.07.012
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of disparities in the prevalence of suicide ideation and attempt among bisexual populations.Arch Sex Behav. 2019; 48: 89-111https://doi.org/10.1007/s10508-018-1150-6
- Prejudice, social stress, and mental health in lesbian, gay, and bisexual populations: conceptual issues and research evidence.Psychol Bull. 2003; 129: 674-697https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.129.5.674
- Understanding the Well-Being of LGBTQI+ Populations.The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2020https://doi.org/10.17226/25877
- Religion and suicide: new findings.J Relig Health. 2018; 57: 2478-2499https://doi.org/10.1007/s10943-018-0629-8
- Gender, sexuality, and religion: a critical integrative review and agenda for future research.J Sci Study Relig. 2022; 61: 271-292https://doi.org/10.1111/jssr.12781
- Durkheim E. Suicide: A Study in Sociology.Routledge, London, United Kingdom1897
- A global perspective on religious participation and suicide.J Health Soc Behav. 2017; 58: 322-339https://doi.org/10.1177/0022146517715896
- Association of religiosity with sexual minority suicide ideation and attempt.Am J Prev Med. 2018; 54: 644-651https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2018.01.019
McGraw JS, Docherty M, Chinn JR, Mahoney A. Family, faith, and suicidal thoughts and behaviors (STBs) among LGBTQ youth in Utah. Psychology of Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity. In press. Online October 7, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1037/sgd0000517.
- The relationship between religiousness and health among sexual minorities: a meta-analysis.Psychol Bull. 2021; 147: 647-666https://doi.org/10.1037/bul0000321
- Sexual minority status, religiosity, and suicidal behaviors among college students in the United States.J Affect Disord. 2022; 305: 65-70https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2022.02.068
- Suicide risk varies with demographics and sexual orientation.JAMA. 2021; 326: 2463https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2021.22838
- Suicide ideation and bullying among U.S. adolescents: examining the intersections of sexual orientation, gender, and race/ethnicity.Am J Public Health. 2015; 105: 980-985https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2014.302391
- Societal-level explanations for reductions in sexual orientation mental health disparities: results from a ten-year, population-based study in Sweden.Stigma Health. 2018; 3: 16-26https://doi.org/10.1037/sah0000066
2019 National Survey of Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) releases. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). https://www.samhsa.gov/data/release/2019-national-survey-drug-use-and-health-nsduh-releases. Updated September 11, 2020. Accessed March 14, 2022.
- Religion in the home in the 1980s and 1990s: a meta-analytic review and conceptual analysis of links between religion, marriage, and parenting.J Fam Psychol. 2001; 15: 559-596https://doi.org/10.1037//0893-3126.96.36.1999