Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Risk and protective factors for alcohol and other drug problems in adolescence and early adulthood: implications for substance abuse prevention.Psychol Bull. 1992; 112: 64-105https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.112.1.64
- Disrupted parahippocampal and midbrain function underlie slower verbal learning in adolescent-onset regular cannabis use.Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2021; 238: 1315-1331https://doi.org/10.1007/s00213-019-05407-9
- Effects of cannabis use on human behavior, including cognition, motivation, and psychosis: a review.JAMA Psychiatry. 2016; 73: 292-297https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2015.3278
- The association between regular marijuana use and adult mental health outcomes.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2017; 179: 109-116https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2017.06.016
- Association between recreational marijuana legalization in the United States and changes in marijuana use and cannabis use disorder from 2008 to 2016.JAMA Psychiatry. 2020; 77: 165-171https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2019.3254
- Evaluating the impacts of cannabis legalization: the International cannabis Policy Study.Int J Drug Policy. 2020; 77102698https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugpo.2020.102698
- cannabis legalization and use of vaping and edible products among youth.Drug Alcohol Depend. 2017; 177: 299-306https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2017.02.017
- Evaluating the effect of retail marijuana legalization on parent marijuana use frequency and norms in U.S. states with retail marijuana legalization.Addict Behav. 2020; 111106564https://doi.org/10.1016/j.addbeh.2020.106564
- Alcohol and cannabis: comparing their adverse health effects and regulatory regimes.Int J Drug Policy. 2017; 42: 57-62https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugpo.2016.10.021
- Examining the Impact of Marijuana Legalization on Marijuana Consumption: Insights From the Economics Literature.RAND, Santa Monica, CA2010https://doi.org/10.7249/WR770
- A quasi-experimental evaluation of marijuana policies and youth marijuana use.Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 2019; 45: 292-303https://doi.org/10.1080/00952990.2018.1559847
- Trends in youth cannabis use across cannabis legalization: data from the COMPASS prospective cohort study.Prev Med Rep. 2021; 22101351https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pmedr.2021.101351
- What has changed since cannabis was legalized?.Health Rep. 2020; 31: 11-20https://doi.org/10.25318/82-003-x202000200002-eng
- Recreational marijuana legalization and use among California adolescents: findings from a statewide survey.J Stud Alcohol Drugs. 2021; 82: 103-111https://doi.org/10.15288/jsad.2021.82.103
- Prevalence of cannabis use in youths after legalization in Washington State.JAMA Pediatr. 2019; 173: 192-193https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2018.4458
- Experimental and quasi-Experimental Designs for Generalized Causal Inference.Mifflin and Company, Boston, MA: Houghton2002
- Early evidence of the impact of cannabis legalization on cannabis use, cannabis use disorder, and the use of other substances: findings from state policy evaluations.Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 2019; 45: 644-663https://doi.org/10.1080/00952990.2019.1669626
- Legalization of recreational marijuana and community sales policy in Oregon: impact on adolescent willingness and intent to use, parent use, and adolescent use.Psychol Addict Behav. 2018; 32: 84-92https://doi.org/10.1037/adb0000327
- Marijuana legalization and youth marijuana, alcohol, and cigarette use and norms.Am J Prev Med. 2020; 59: 309-316https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2020.04.008
- Does parents’ age at first birth moderate intergenerational continuity in early-onset cannabis use?.J Stud Alcohol Drugs. 2021; 82: 470-475https://doi.org/10.15288/jsad.2021.82.470
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. 2018–2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: model-based prevalence estimates (50 states and the District of Columbia). Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. https://www.samhsa.gov/data/report/2018-2019-nsduh-state-prevalence-estimates. Published December 15, 2020. Accessed December 29, 2021.
National and state-level marijuana trends from 2002–2014. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration. https://www.samhsa.gov/data/nsduh/national-state-level-marijuana-trends. Accessed September 22, 2021.
- How will cannabis legalization affect health, safety, and social equity outcomes?.Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 2019; 45 (It largely depends on the 14 Ps.): 664-672https://doi.org/10.1080/00952990.2019.1611841
- Why it is probably too soon to assess the public health effects of legalisation of recreational cannabis use in the USA.Lancet Psychiatry. 2016; 3: 900-906https://doi.org/10.1016/S2215-0366(16)30071-2
- Marijuana use trends among college students in states with and without legalization of recreational use: initial and longer-term changes from 2008 to 2018.Addiction. 2020; 115: 1115-1124https://doi.org/10.1111/add.14939