Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
Treating tobacco use and dependence. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. https://www.ahrq.gov/prevention/guidelines/tobacco/index.html. Updated February 2020. Accessed November 8, 2022.
- When primary care providers and smokers meet: a systematic review and metasynthesis.NPJ Prim Care Respir Med. 2021; 31: 31https://doi.org/10.1038/s41533-021-00245-9
- Facilitating smoking cessation in patients who smoke: a large-scale cross-sectional comparison of fourteen groups of healthcare providers.BMC Health Serv Res. 2019; 19: 750https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-019-4527-x
- Ask-Advise-Connect: a new approach to smoking treatment delivery in health care settings.JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173: 458-464https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2013.3751
- The Ask-Advise-Connect approach for smokers in a safety net healthcare system: a group-randomized trial.Am J Prev Med. 2013; 45: 737-741https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2013.07.011
- Implementation of Ask-Advise-Connect in a safety net healthcare system: quitline treatment engagement and smoking cessation outcomes.Transl Behav Med. 2020; 10: 163-167https://doi.org/10.1093/tbm/iby108
- Implementation of an inpatient electronic referral system (opt-to-quit) from the electronic health record to the New York State Smokers’ quitline: first steps.Hosp Pediatr. 2016; 6: 545-551https://doi.org/10.1542/hpeds.2016-0004
- Design and implementation of decision support for tobacco dependence treatment in an inpatient electronic medical record: a randomized trial.Transl Behav Med. 2017; 7: 185-195https://doi.org/10.1007/s13142-017-0470-8
- Using the electronic health record to connect primary care patients to evidence-based telephonic tobacco quitline services: a closed-loop demonstration project.Transl Behav Med. 2014; 4: 324-332https://doi.org/10.1007/s13142-014-0259-y
- Use of electronic health records to support smoking cessation.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; 2014CD008743https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD008743.pub3
- An electronic health record-based interoperable eReferral system to enhance smoking Quitline treatment in primary care [published correction appears in JAm Med Inform Assoc. 2019;26(10):1159].J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2019; 26: 778-786https://doi.org/10.1093/jamia/ocz044
- Closed-loop electronic referral from primary care clinics to a state tobacco cessation quitline: effects using real-world implementation training.Am J Prev Med. 2021; 60 (suppl 2): S113-S122https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2019.12.026
- 12-month evaluation of an EHR-supported staff role change for provision of tobacco cessation care in 8 primary care safety-net clinics.J Gen Intern Med. 2020; 35: 3234-3242https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-020-06030-7
- Evidence-based intervention sustainability strategies: a systematic review.Implement Sci. 2019; 14: 57https://doi.org/10.1186/s13012-019-0910-6