Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Developing an evidence-based Guide to Community Preventive Services-methods. The Task Force on Community Preventive Services.Am J Prev Med. 2000; 18: 35-43https://doi.org/10.1016/S0749-3797(99)00119-1
About the Community Preventive Services Task Force. Guide to Community Preventive Services (The Community Guide).https://www.thecommunityguide.org/task-force/about-community-preventive-services-task-force. Updated October 25, 2022. Accessed December 11, 2022.
- Methods for systematic reviews of economic evaluations for the Guide to Community Preventive Services. Task Force on Community Preventive Services.Am J Prev Med. 2000; 18: 75-91https://doi.org/10.1016/S0749-3797(99)00120-8
- Recommendations of the panel on cost-effectiveness in health and medicine.JAMA. 1996; 276: 1253-1258https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.1996.03540150055031
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Methods Guide for Effectiveness and Comparative Effectiveness Reviews. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.https://effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/cer-methods-guide_overview.pdf. Published January 2014. Accessed August 28, 2022.
- Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions.2nd ed. John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY2019https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119536604
- Chapter 20. Economic evidence.in: Higgins J Thomas J Chandler J Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 6.2. London, United Kingdom: Cochrane Training, 2021Accessed August 28, 2022)
- Economics methods in Cochrane systematic reviews of health promotion and public health related interventions.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2006; 6: 55https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2288-6-55
- Issues in the incorporation of economic perspectives and evidence into Cochrane reviews.Syst Rev. 2013; 2: 83https://doi.org/10.1186/2046-4053-2-83
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Developing NICE guidelines: the manual. London, United Kingdom: National Institute for Health and Care Excellence.https://www.nice.org.uk/process/pmg20/resources/developing-nice-guidelines-the-manual-pdf-72286708700869. Published October 31, 2014. Accessed August 28, 2022.
- Public health economics: a systematic review of guidance for the economic evaluation of public health interventions and discussion of key methodological issues.BMC Public Health. 2013; 13: 1001https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-13-1001
- Systematic reviews: CRD's guidance for undertaking reviews in health care.Lancet Infect Dis. 2010; 10: 226https://doi.org/10.1016/S1473-3099(10)70065-7
- Criteria list for assessment of methodological quality of economic evaluations: consensus on Health Economic Criteria.Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2005; 21: 240-245https://doi.org/10.1017/S0266462305050324
- The PRISMA 2020 statement: an updated guideline for reporting systematic reviews.BMJ. 2021; 372: n71https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.n71
- Meta-analysis of observational studies in epidemiology: a proposal for reporting. Meta-analysis Of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (MOOSE) group.JAMA. 2000; 283: 2008-2012https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.283.15.2008
Schunemann H, Brozek J, Guyatt G, Oxman A.GRADE handbook for grading quality of evidence and strength of recommendation. GRADEpro GDT. https://gdt.gradepro.org/app/handbook/handbook.html. Updated October 2013. Accessed August 28, 2022.
- Consolidated health economic evaluation reporting standards (CHEERS)-explanation and elaboration: a report of the ISPOR health economic evaluation publication guidelines good reporting practices task force.Value Health. 2013; 16: 231-250https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jval.2013.02.002
- AMSTAR 2: a critical appraisal tool for systematic reviews that include randomised or non-randomised studies of healthcare interventions, or both.BMJ. 2017; 358: j4008https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.j4008
Manual for Community Guide systematic reviews. The Guide to Community Preventive Services (The Community Guide);https://www.thecommunityguide.org/methods-manual/economic-review-methods. Updated September 2, 2021. Accessed August 28, 2022.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis, In: AC Haddix, SM Teutsch, PS Corso, Prevention Effectiveness: A Guide to Decision Analysis and Economic Evaluation.Oxford University Press, Oxford, United Kingdom2003
- Return on investment of public health interventions: a systematic review.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2017; 71: 827-834https://doi.org/10.1136/jech-2016-208141
- Using QALYs versus DALYs to measure cost-effectiveness: how much does it matter?.Int J Technol Assess Health Care. 2020; 36: 96-103https://doi.org/10.1017/S0266462320000124
- Use of cost-effectiveness analysis in health-care resource allocation decision-making: how are cost-effectiveness thresholds expected to emerge?.Value Health. 2004; 7: 518-528https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1524-4733.2004.75003.x
WHO. Macroeconomics and Health: Investing in Health for Economic Development: Executive Summary/Report of the Commission on Macroeconomics and Health. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO.https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/42463. Published 2001. Accessed August 28, 2022.
Institute for Clinical and Economic Review. Overview of the ICER value assessment framework and update for 2017–2019. Boston, MA: Institute for Clinical and Economic Review.https://icer.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/ICER-value-assessment-framework-Updated-050818.pdf. Published October 2020. Accessed August 28, 2022.
- Updating cost-effectiveness-the curious resilience of the $50,000-per-QALY threshold.N Engl J Med. 2014; 371: 796-797https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMp1405158
- Generalized cost-effectiveness analysis for national-level priority-setting in the health sector.Cost Eff Resour Alloc. 2003; 1: 8https://doi.org/10.1186/1478-7547-1-8
World Bank country and lending groups. The World Bank.https://datahelpdesk.worldbank.org/knowledgebase/articles/906519-world-bank-country-and-lending-groups. Accessed August 28, 2022.
PPP conversion factor, private consumption (LCU per international $). The World Bank. https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/PA.NUS.PRVT.PP. Updated July 20, 2022. Accessed August 28, 2022.
Databases, tables & calculators by subject: CPI for all urban consumers (CPI-U). U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CUUR0000SA0?output_view=pct_1mth. Accessed August 28, 2022.
Vaccination programs: home visits to increase vaccination rates. Guide to Community Preventive Services (The Community Guide). https://www.thecommunityguide.org/findings/vaccination-programs-home-visits-increase-vaccination-rates. Updated September 23, 2020. Accessed August 28, 2022.
Tobacco use: smoke-free policies. Guide to Community Preventive Services (The Community Guide). https://www.thecommunityguide.org/findings/tobacco-use-smoke-free-policies. Updated November 3, 2021. Accessed August 28, 2022.
About the Community Guide. The Guide to Community Preventive Services (The Community Guide). https://www.thecommunityguide.org/about/about-community-guide. Updated January 24, 2020. Accessed August 28, 2022.
- Pharmacist interventions for medication adherence: Community Guide economic reviews for cardiovascular disease.Am J Prev Med. 2022; 62: e202-e222https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2021.08.021
- Permanent supportive housing with housing first: findings from a Community Guide systematic economic review.Am J Prev Med. 2022; 62: e188-e201https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2021.08.009
- A systematic review of selected interventions for worksite health promotion. The assessment of health risks with feedback.Am J Prev Med. 2010; 38: S237-S262https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2009.10.030
Asthma: school-based self-management interventions for children and adolescents with asthma. The Guide to Community Preventive Services (The Community Guide). https://www.thecommunityguide.org/findings/asthma-school-based-self-management-interventions-children-and-adolescents-asthma.html Updated June 8, 2021. Accessed August 29, 2022.
Heart disease and stroke prevention: tailored pharmacy-based interventions to improve medication adherence. Guide to Community Preventive Services (The Community Guide).https://www.thecommunityguide.org/findings/heart-disease-stroke-prevention-tailored-pharmacy-based-interventions-improve-medication-adherence. Updated July 28, 2020. Accessed August 28, 2022.
Social determinants of health: permanent supportive housing with housing first (housing first programs). Guide to Community Preventive Services (The Community Guide). https://www.thecommunityguide.org/findings/social-determinants-health-housing-first-programs.html. Updated 2022. Accessed August 28, 2022.
Framingham heart study (FHS). National Institutes of Health.https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/science/framingham-heart-study-fhs. Accessed August 28, 2022.
UK prospective diabetes study. University of Oxford. https://www.dtu.ox.ac.uk/UKPDS/index.php. Accessed August 28, 2022.