Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
Institute of Medicine (U.S.) Committee for the Study of the Future of Public Health. Chapter 2: A Vision of Public Health in America: An Attainable Ideal. In: The Future of Public Health. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press (U.S.);1988:35–55. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK218220/.
10 Essential public health services. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). https://www.cdc.gov/publichealthgateway/publichealthservices/essentialhealthservices.html. Updated September 2020. Accessed June 20, 2022.
- Population health in the Affordable Care Act era. Academy health.AcademyHealth, Washington, DC2022 (Published February 21, 2013. Accessed November 15, 2022.)
- Social Determinants of Health 101 for Health Care: Five Plus Five.The National Academy of Medicine, Washington, DC2017https://doi.org/10.31478/201710c
- Why Are Some People Healthy and Others Not? The Determinants of Health of Populations.Aldine de Gruyter, New York, NY1994https://doi.org/10.1515/9783112421628
- Producing health, consuming health care.Soc Sci Med. 1990; 31: 1347-1363https://doi.org/10.1016/0277-9536(90)90074-3
- What is population health?.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 380-383https://doi.org/10.2105/ajph.93.3.380
- On the distinction–or lack of distinction–between population health and public health.Am J Public Health. 2016; 106: 619-620https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2016.303097
American Academy of Family Physicians. Integration of primary care and public health (position paper). Leawood, KS: American Academy of Family Physicians. https://www.aafp.org/about/policies/all/integration-primary-care.html. Published December 2020. Accessed November 29, 2022.
Stasha S. The state of homelessness in the U.S. –2022. PolicyAdvice. September 29, 2022. https://policyadvice.net/insurance/insights/homelessness-statistics/. Accessed October 1, 2022.
- Applying a prevention framework to address homelessness as a population health issue.J Public Health Policy. 2018; 39: 283-293https://doi.org/10.1057/s41271-018-0137-9
- Discrimination of health inequities.Int J Health Serv. 2014; 44: 643-710https://doi.org/10.2190/HS.44.4.b
American Public Health Association. Structural racism is a public health crisis: impact on the Black community. Leawood, KS: American Academy of Family Physicians.https://www.apha.org/policies-and-advocacy/public-health-policy-statements/policy-database/2021/01/13/structural-racism-is-a-public-health-crisis. Published October 24, 2020. Accessed June 20, 2022.
WHO. Interim guidance: preparedness, prevention and control of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) for refugees and migrants in non-camp settings. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO.https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/preparedness-prevention-and-control-of-coronavirus-disease-(covid-19)-for-refugees-and-migrants-in-non-camp-settings. Published April 17, 2020. Accessed June 20, 2022.
- Adegboye ARA. COVID-19: a syndemic requiring an integrated approach for marginalized populations.Front Public Health. 2021; 9675280https://doi.org/10.3389/fpubh.2021.675280
- Stepanova V. Halfdan Mahler: Architect and Defender of the World Health Organization “Health for All by 2000” Declaration of 1978.Am J Public Health. 2016; 106: 36-38https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2015.302935
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Health in all policies. https://www.cdc.gov/policy/hiap/index.html. Updated June 9, 2016. Accessed July 19, 2022.
- Pioneering the transdisciplinary team science approach: lessons learned from National Cancer Institute Grantees.J Transl Med Epidemiol. 2014; 2 (PMID: 25554748; PMCID: PMC4280018. Accessed July 19, 2022): 1027
- National Cancer Institute - American Society of Clinical Oncology teams in cancer care project.J Oncol Pract. 2016; 12: 955-958https://doi.org/10.1200/JOP.2016.018127
Riegelman RK, Albertine S, Persily NA. The educated citizen and public health: a consensus report on public health and undergraduate education. Williamsburg, VA: Council of Colleges of Arts & Sciences. https://www.ccas.net/files/public/Publications/Public_Health_and_Undergraduate_Education.pdf. Published October 2007. Accessed November 15, 2022.
- Developing an educated citizenry: the undergraduate public health learning outcomes project.Public Health Rep. 2013; 128: 425-430https://doi.org/10.1177/003335491312800517
Gebbie K, Rosenstock L and Hernandez LM, Who Will Keep the Public Healthy? Educating Public Health Professionals for the 21st Century, 2003, The National Academy Press; Washington, DC. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK221695/. Accessed July 19, 2022
Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U). College learning for the new global century: a report from the National Leadership Council for Liberal Education and America's Promise (LEAP). Washington, DC: Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U).https://nsee.memberclicks.net/assets/docs/KnowledgeCenter/IntegratingExpEduc/BooksReports/82.2.%20college%20learning%20for%20the%20new%20global%20century.pdf. Published 2009. Accessed July 19, 2022.
Riegelman RK, Albertine S. Recommendations for undergraduate public health education. Washington, DC: Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U). https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED504790.pdf. Published October 2008. Accessed November 16, 2022.
- The educated citizen and global public-health issues: one model for integration into the undergraduate curriculum.Front Public Health. 2016; 4https://doi.org/10.3389/fpubh.2016.00035
Health in All Education project. Association for Prevention Teaching and Research. https://www.aptrweb.org/page/HIAE. Accessed June 20, 2022.
- Clinical prevention and population health: curriculum framework for health professions.Am J Prev Med. 2004; 27: 471-476https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2004.08.010
Council on Education for Public Health. Accreditation criteria: Schools of Public Health and Public Health Programs. Silver Spring, MD: Council on Education for Public Health. https://media.ceph.org/wp_assets/2016.Criteria.pdf. Published October 2016. Accessed June 9, 2022.
Undergraduate public health. Association for Prevention Teaching and Research (APTR). https://www.aptrweb.org/page/undergraduate_ph. Accessed July 19, 2022.
Interprofessional Education Collaborative. (IPEC). Core competencies for interprofessional collaborative practice: 2016 update. Washington, DC: Interprofessional Education Collaborative. https://ipec.memberclicks.net/assets/2016-Update.pdf. Published 2016. Accessed June 16, 2022.
- Re-orienting transdisciplinary research and community-based participatory research for health equity.J Clin Transl Sci. 2022; 6: e22https://doi.org/10.1017/cts.2022.15
- Multidisciplinarity, interdisciplinarity and transdisciplinarity in health research, services, education and policy: 1. Definitions, objectives, and evidence of effectiveness.Clin Invest Med. 2006; 29 (Accessed July 20, 2022.): 351-364
Learn about convergence research. National Science Foundation (NSF). https://beta.nsf.gov/funding/learn/research-types/learn-about-convergence-research. Accessed June 20, 2022.
- The nurse+engineer as the prototype V-shaped professional.Nurs Outlook. 2022; 70: 280-291https://doi.org/10.1016/j.outlook.2021.10.007
WHO. Framework and statement: consultation on the drafts of the “Health in All Policies Framework for Country Action” for the Conference Statement of 8th Global Conference on Health Promotion. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO. https://www.who.int/teams/health-promotion/enhanced-wellbeing/eighth-global-conference. Published 2003. Accessed June 20, 2022.