Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Structural racism and health inequities in the USA: evidence and interventions.Lancet. 2017; 389: 1453-1463https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(17)30569-X
- The importance of teaching history of inequities in public health programs.Pedagog Health Promot. 2020; 6: 253-256https://doi.org/10.1177/2373379920915228
American Public Health Association. Advancing public health interventions to address the harms of the carceral system. Washington, DC: American Public Health Association.https://www.apha.org/Policies-and-Advocacy/Public-Health-Policy-Statements/Policy-Database/2022/01/07/Advancing-Public-Health-Interventions-to-Address-the-Harms-of-the-Carceral-System. Published October 26, 2021. Accessed April 21, 2022.
- Extending the scope of health in all policies approaches.Am J Public Health. 2021; 111: 1733-1735https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2021.306479
- Airhihenbuwa CO. The public health critical race methodology: praxis for antiracism research.Soc Sci Med. 2010; 71: 1390-1398https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2010.07.030
- Critical race theory as theoretical framework and analysis tool for population health research.Crit Public Health. 2011; 21: 81-93https://doi.org/10.1080/09581596.2010.493173
- Critical Race Theory: The Key Writings That Formed the Movement.The New Press, New York, NY1995
- Just what is critical race theory and what's it doing in a nice field like education?.Int J Qual Stud Educ. 1998; 11: 7-24https://doi.org/10.1080/095183998236863
Haynes C, Joseph NM. Introduction - transforming the STEM system: teaching that disrupts White institutional space. In: Joseph NM, Haynes C, Cobb F, eds. Interrogating Whiteness and Relinquishing Power. New York, NY: Peter Lang; 2016:1–12. https://www.peterlang.com/document/1118290. Accessed March 22, 2022.
- Anti-racist pedagogy: from faculty's self-reflection to organizing within and beyond the classroom.Race Ethn Educ. 2018; 21: 540-554https://doi.org/10.1080/13613324.2016.1248824
- Teaching to Transgress: Education as the Practice of Freedom.Routledge, New York, NY1994
- Toward the science and practice of anti-racism: launching a national campaign against racism.Ethn Dis. 2018; 28: 231-234https://doi.org/10.18865/ed.28.S1.231
- Structural racism is not an exemption from accountability.Bethesda, MD: HealthAffairs. 2021; (Accessed March 22, 2022)
- Adopting an anti-racism public health curriculum competency: the University of Washington experience.Public Health Rep. 2018; 133: 507-513https://doi.org/10.1177/0033354918774791
- Bounded justice and the limits of health equity.J Law Med Ethics. 2021; 49: 241-256https://doi.org/10.1017/jme.2021.34
Serwer A. Why conservatives want to cancel the 1619 project. The Atlantic. May 21, 2021.https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/05/why-conservatives-want-cancel-1619-project/618952/. Accessed March 22, 2022.