- Alcaraz KI
- Wiedt TL
- Daniels EC
- Yabroff KR
- Guerra CE
- Wender RC.
- Ligibel JA
- Wollins D.
- Kyrgiou M
- Kalliala I
- Markozannes G
- et al.
- Research World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Understanding and addressing social determinants to advance cancer health equity in the United States: a blueprint for practice, research, and policy.CA Cancer J Clin. 2020; 70: 31-46https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21586
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Obesity initiative: rationale, progress, and future directions.J Clin Oncol. 2016; 34: 4256-4260https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2016.67.4051
- Adiposity and cancer at major anatomical sites: umbrella review of the literature.BMJ. 2017; 356: j477https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.j477
- Continuous update project expert report – body fatness and weight gain and the risk of cancer 2018.World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research, London, United Kingdom2021https://www.wcrf.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Body-fatness-and-weight-gain_0.pdfDate accessed: February 15, 2022
- Prevalence of overweight, obesity, and severe obesity among adults aged 20 and over: United States, 1960–1962 through 2017–2018. 2020; https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hestat/obesity-adult-17-18/overweight-obesity-adults-H.pdfDate accessed: November 7, 2022
- Effect of body mass index on breast cancer during premenopausal and postmenopausal periods: a meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e51446https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0051446
- Breast cancer statistics, 2015: convergence of incidence rates between black and white women.CA Cancer J Clin. 2016; 66: 31-42https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21320
- Obesity and survival among a cohort of breast cancer patients is partially mediated by tumor characteristics.NPJ Breast Cancer. 2019; 5: 33https://doi.org/10.1038/s41523-019-0128-4
- Risk factors for breast cancer subtypes among Black women undergoing screening mammography.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2021; 189: 827-835https://doi.org/10.1007/s10549-021-06340-2
- Body mass index and survival in women with breast cancer-systematic literature review and meta-analysis of 82 follow-up studies.Ann Oncol. 2014; 25: 1901-1914https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdu042
- Association of obesity with breast cancer outcome in relation to cancer subtypes: a meta-analysis.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2021; 113: 1465-1475https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djab023
- Obesity, comorbidities, and treatment selection in Black and White women with early breast cancer.Cancer. 2021; 127: 922-930https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.33288
- Body size and breast cancer prognosis in relation to hormone receptor and menopausal status: a meta-analysis.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012; 134: 769-781https://doi.org/10.1007/s10549-012-2073-x
- Excess body weight and second primary cancer risk after breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective studies.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012; 135: 647-654https://doi.org/10.1007/s10549-012-2187-1
- A pooled analysis of post-diagnosis lifestyle factors in association with late estrogen-receptor-positive breast cancer prognosis.Int J Cancer. 2016; 138: 2088-2097https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.29940
- Weight gain after breast cancer diagnosis and all-cause mortality: systematic review and meta-analysis.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2015; 107: djv275https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djv275
- Breast cancer statistics, 2017, racial disparity in mortality by state.CA Cancer J Clin. 2017; 67: 439-448https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21412
- Hypertension is an independent predictor of survival disparity between African-American and white breast cancer patients.Int J Cancer. 2009; 124: 1213-1219https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.24054
- Comorbidity and survival disparities among black and white patients with breast cancer.JAMA. 2005; 294: 1765-1772https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.294.14.1765
- Diabetes and breast cancer mortality in Black women.Cancer Causes Control. 2017; 28: 61-67https://doi.org/10.1007/s10552-016-0837-z