Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Comparison of global estimates of prevalence and risk factors for peripheral artery disease in 2000 and 2010: a systematic review and analysis.Lancet. 2013; 382: 1329-1340https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(13)61249-0
- Mortality and vascular morbidity in older adults with asymptomatic versus symptomatic peripheral artery disease.Circulation. 2009; 120: 2053-2061https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.109.865600
- Cigarette smoking, smoking cessation, and long-term risk of 3 major atherosclerotic diseases.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2019; 74: 498-507https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2019.05.049
- Consumption of combustible and smokeless tobacco — United States, 2000–2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2016; 65: 1357-1363https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6548a1
- Tobacco product use among adults — United States, 2019.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020; 69: 1736-1742https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6946a4
- Smokeless tobacco and cardiovascular risk.Arch Intern Med. 2004; 164: 1845-1849https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.164.17.1845
- Risk of incident cardiovascular disease among users of smokeless tobacco in the atherosclerosis risk in communities (ARIC) study.Am J Epidemiol. 2010; 172: 600-605https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwq191
- Two large prospective studies of mortality among men who use snuff or chewing tobacco (United States).Cancer Causes Control. 2005; 16: 347-358https://doi.org/10.1007/s10552-004-5519-6
- The ARIC (atherosclerosis risk in communities) study: JACC focus Seminar 3/8.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2021; 77: 2939-2959https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2021.04.035
- Impact of smokeless tobacco products on cardiovascular disease: implications for policy, prevention, and treatment: a policy statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2010; 122: 1520-1544https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0b013e3181f432c3
- Use of smokeless tobacco and risk of cardiovascular disease: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2016; 23: 1970-1981https://doi.org/10.1177/2047487316654026
FDA permits marketing of E-cigarette products, marking first authorization of its kind by the agency. Food and Drug Administration. https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-permits-marketing-e-cigarette-products-marking-first-authorization-its-kind-agency. Updated December 12, 2021. Accessed September 27, 2022.
FDA denies authorization to market JUUL products. Food and Drug Administration. https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-denies-authorization-market-juul-products. Updated June 23, 2022. Accessed September 27, 2022.
- Can e-cigarettes help adults who smoke successfully quit all combusted tobacco products?.JAMA Netw Open. 2021; 4e2130924https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2021.30924
- Validation of self-reported smokeless tobacco use by measurement of serum cotinine concentration among U.S. adults.Am J Epidemiol. 2014; 180: 749-754https://doi.org/10.1093/aje/kwu182