Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Promoting risk identification and reduction of cardiovascular disease in women through collaboration with obstetricians and gynecologists: a presidential advisory from the American Heart Association and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.Circulation. 2018; 137: e843-e852https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0000000000000582
- Pregnancy characteristics and women's future cardiovascular health: an underused opportunity to improve women's health?.Epidemiol Rev. 2014; 36: 57-70https://doi.org/10.1093/epirev/mxt006
- Future risk of cardiovascular disease risk factors and events in women after a hypertensive disorder of pregnancy.Heart. 2019; 105: 1273-1278https://doi.org/10.1136/heartjnl-2018-313453
- Pregnancy complication history in 10-year cardiovascular disease risk prediction: a review of recent evidence.Curr Epidemiol Rep. 2019; 6: 321-328https://doi.org/10.1007/s40471-019-00208-2
- All hypertensive disorders of pregnancy increase the risk of future cardiovascular disease.Hypertension. 2017; 70: 798-803https://doi.org/10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.117.09246
- Preeclampsia and future cardiovascular health: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2017; 10e003497https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCOUTCOMES.116.003497
- Preeclampsia and uteroplacental acute atherosis: immune and inflammatory factors.J Reprod Immunol. 2014; 101–102: 120-126https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jri.2013.09.001
- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and cardiovascular diseases: current knowledge and future directions.Curr Treat Options Cardiovasc Med. 2018; 20: 56https://doi.org/10.1007/s11936-018-0653-8
- Guidelines for the prevention of stroke in women: a statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.Stroke. 2014; 45: 1545-1588https://doi.org/10.1161/01.str.0000442009.06663.48
- Effectiveness-based guidelines for the prevention of cardiovascular disease in women—2011 update: a guideline from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2011; 123: 1243-1262https://doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0b013e31820faaf8
- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and 10-year cardiovascular risk prediction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018; 72: 1252-1263https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2018.05.077
- Patterns of postpartum ambulatory care follow-up care among women with hypertensive disorders of pregnancy.J Am Heart Assoc. 2020; 9e016357https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.120.016357
Melchiorre K, Thilaganathan B, Giorgione V, Ridder A, Memmo A, Khalil A. Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and future cardiovascular health. Front Cardiovasc Med.2020;7:59. https://doi.org/10.3389/fcvm.2020.00059.
- Postpartum visits in the gynecological emergency room: how can we improve?.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2020; 20: 278https://doi.org/10.1186/s12884-020-02927-7
- Emergency department visits for postpartum hypertension.Hypertens Pregnancy. 2017; 36: 212-216https://doi.org/10.1080/10641955.2017.1299171
- High breast cancer incidence rates among California teachers: results from the California Teachers Study (United States).Cancer Causes Control. 2002; 13: 625-635https://doi.org/10.1023/a:1019552126105
California Teachers Study. https://www.calteachersstudy.org/. Accessed May 13, 2022.
- Aspirin reduces long-term stroke risk in women with prior hypertensive disorders of pregnancy.Neurology. 2019; 92: e305-e316https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0000000000006815
- Maternal recall of hypertensive disorders in pregnancy: a systematic review.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2013; 22: 37-47https://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2012.3740
California Teachers Study. Past questionnaires. https://www.calteachersstudy.org/past-questionnaires. Accessed May 13, 2022.
- Validity of myocardial infarction diagnoses in administrative databases: a systematic review.PLOS ONE. 2014; 9: e92286https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0092286
- Hernández-Díaz S. Validity of maternal and infant outcomes within nationwide Medicaid data.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2014; 23: 646-655https://doi.org/10.1002/pds.3627
- The validity of discharge billing codes reflecting severe maternal morbidity.Anesth Analg. 2016; 123: 731-738https://doi.org/10.1213/ANE.0000000000001436
- Preeclampsia and cardiovascular disease in a large UK pregnancy cohort of linked electronic health records: a CALIBER study.Circulation. 2019; 140: 1050-1060https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.118.038080
- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and heart failure risk.Curr Hypertens Rep. 2022; 24: 205-213https://doi.org/10.1007/s11906-022-01189-2
- Latency of preterm hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and subsequent cardiovascular complications.Pregnancy Hypertens. 2020; 21: 139-144https://doi.org/10.1016/j.preghy.2020.05.015
- Clinical features and outcomes of acute coronary syndrome in women with previous pregnancy complications.Can J Cardiol. 2017; 33: 1683-1692https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cjca.2017.08.025
- Epidemiology of hypertensive disorders in pregnancy: prevalence, risk factors, predictors and prognosis.Hypertens Res. 2017; 40: 213-220https://doi.org/10.1038/hr.2016.126
- Preeclampsia and coronary plaque erosion: manifestations of endothelial dysfunction resulting in cardiovascular events in women.Eur J Pharmacol. 2017; 816: 129-137https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejphar.2017.09.012
- Hypertension in pregnancy is a risk factor for peripheral arterial disease decades after pregnancy.Atherosclerosis. 2013; 229: 212-216https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2013.04.012
- Impact of a history of hypertension in pregnancy on later diagnosis of atrial fibrillation.J Am Heart Assoc. 2018; 7e007584https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.117.007584
- Regression and ANOVA: an Integrated Approach Using SAS Software.SAS Institute, Cary, NC2002
- Insights from adopting a data commons approach for large-scale observational cohort studies: the California Teachers Study.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2020; 29: 777-786https://doi.org/10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-19-0842
Wasserstein RL, Lazar NA. The ASA statement on p-values: context, process, and purpose. In:. The American Statistician: Taylor & Francis. 2016;70(2):129–133. https://doi.org/10.1080/00031305.2016.1154108.
- Cardiovascular risk estimation in women with a history of hypertensive pregnancy disorders at term: a longitudinal follow-up study.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2013; 13: 126https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2393-13-126
- ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 212: Pregnancy and heart disease.Obstet Gynecol. 2019; 133: e320-e356https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000003243
Mensah GA, Brown DW. An overview of cardiovascular disease burden in the United States. Health Aff (Millwood).2007;26(1):38–48. https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.26.1.38.
- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: ISSHP classification, diagnosis, and management recommendations for international practice.Hypertension. 2018; 72: 24-43https://doi.org/10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.117.10803
- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: overview and current recommendations.J Midwifery Womens Health. 2018; 63: 289-300https://doi.org/10.1111/jmwh.12725
- Disparities in emergency department visits among collocated racial/ethnic Medicare enrollees.Ann Emerg Med. 2019; 73: 225-235https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annemergmed.2018.09.007
- Maternal race/ethnicity, hypertension, and risk for stroke during delivery admission.J Am Heart Assoc. 2020; 9e014775https://doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.119.014775
- Trends of racial/ethnic differences in emergency department care outcomes among adults in the United States from 2005 to 2016.Front Med (Lausanne). 2020; 7: 300https://doi.org/10.3389/fmed.2020.00300
- Cardiovascular health after maternal placental syndromes (CHAMPS): population-based retrospective cohort study.Lancet. 2005; 366: 1797-1803https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(05)67726-4
- Early-onset preeclampsia predisposes to preclinical diastolic left ventricular dysfunction in the fifth decade of life: an observational study.PLOS ONE. 2018; 13e0198908https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0198908
- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and subsequent maternal cardiovascular health.Eur J Epidemiol. 2018; 33: 763-771https://doi.org/10.1007/s10654-018-0400-1
- A history of preeclampsia is associated with a risk for coronary artery calcification 3 decades later.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 214 (519.e1–519.e8)https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2016.02.003
- Hypertensive disorders in pregnancy and mortality at delivery hospitalization - United States, 2017–2019.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2022; 71: 585-591
- Evaluation of US state–level variation in hypertensive disorders of pregnancy.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3e2018741https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2020.18741