Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Household food security in the United States in 2021.Economic Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Washington, DC2022Accessed November 16, 2022)
- Food insecurity and health outcomes.Health Aff (Millwood). 2015; 34: 1830-1839https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2015.0645
- SNAP, young children's health, and family food security and healthcare access [published correction appears in Am J Prev Med. 2019;57(6):873].Am J Prev Med. 2019; 57: 525-532https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2019.04.027
- Heterogeneous impact of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefit changes on food security by local prices.Am J Prev Med. 2020; 58: e97-e103https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2019.10.013
- SNAP work requirements in Arkansas for Adults without Dependents or Disabilities.Urban Institute, Washington, DC2019https://www.urban.org/sites/default/files/publication/101112/snap_work_requirements_in_arkansas_for_adults_without_dependents_or_disabilities_6.pdf(Accessed November 16, 2022)
- The effects of SNAP work requirements in reducing participation and benefits from 2013 to 2017.Am J Public Health. 2019; 109: 1446-1451https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2019.305232
Kansas Appleseed. 2020, March. Hopeless: How the "Hope Act" created barriers to SNAP in Kansas. https://www.kansasappleseed.org/uploads/2/1/9/2/21929892/snap_barriers_report_hopeless_fnl.pdf. Accessed February 14, 2023.
- Work effort and work requirements for food assistance among U.S. adults.Am J Agric Econ. 2022; 104: 294-317https://doi.org/10.1111/ajae.12207
- Employed in a SNAP? The impact of work requirements on program participation and labor supply.Am Econ J Econ Policy. 2023; 15: 306-341
- Do SNAP work requirements work?.Econ Inq. 2021; 59: 72-94https://doi.org/10.1111/ecin.12948
- The impact of SNAP work requirements on labor supply.Lab Econ. 2022; 74102089https://doi.org/10.1016/j.labeco.2021.102089
- How SNAP can better serve the formerly incarcerated.Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Washington, DC2018Accessed November 16, 2022)
Wheaton L, Vericker T, Schwabish J, et al. The impact of SNAP able-bodied adults without dependents (ABAWD) time limit reinstatement in nine states. Washington DC: Urban Institute. https://www.urban.org/sites/default/files/publication/104451/the-impact-of-snap-able-bodied-adults-without-dependents-abawd-time-limit-reinstatement-in-nin_0.pdf. Accessed February 14, 2023.
- How the private food assistance network evolved: interactions between public and private responses to hunger.Nonprofit Volunt Sect Q. 2006; 35: 668-690https://doi.org/10.1177/0899764006289771
- Hunger in America 2014: Executive Summary. A Report on Charitable Food Distribution in the United States in 2013.Feeding America, Chicago, IL2014Accessed November 16, 2022)
- Impact of enhanced food pantry services on food security among adults with diabetes using a crossover study design.Curr Dev Nutr. 2022; 6: nzac021https://doi.org/10.1093/cdn/nzac021
- The food safety net after welfare reform: use of private and public food assistance in the Kansas City metropolitan area.Soc Serv Rev. 2004; 78: 267-283https://doi.org/10.1086/382769
- The other half: an examination of monthly food pantry cycles in the context of SNAP benefits.Appl Econ Perspect Policy. 2021; 43: 716-731https://doi.org/10.1002/aepp.13150
- The use of charitable food assistance among low-income households in the United States.J Acad Nutr Diet. 2021; 121: 27-35https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2020.07.026
- Use of informal safety nets during the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefit cycle: how poor families cope with within-month economic instability.Soc Serv Rev. 2017; 91: 456-487https://doi.org/10.1086/694091
- Effect of the Affordable Care Act's Medicaid expansions on food security, 2010–2016.Am J Public Health. 2019; 109: 1243-1248https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.2019.305168
- IPUMS National Historical Geographic Information System: Version 17.0 [dataset].IPUMS, Minneapolis, MN2022
Service. Food and Nutrition, Bi-annual (January and July) state project area/county level participation and issuance data. https://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-snap. Accessed March 4, 2023.
- The right to food in the United States: the role of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).Am J Agric Econ. 2019; 101: 1328-1336https://doi.org/10.1093/ajae/aaz040
- SNAP work requirements increase mental health care use.Health Serv Res. 2023; 58: 60-66https://doi.org/10.1111/1475-6773.14033
- Community use of face masks and COVID-19: evidence from a natural experiment of state mandates in the US.Health Aff (Millwood). 2020; 39: 1419-1425https://doi.org/10.1377/hlthaff.2020.00818
- The long-term effects of measles vaccination on earnings and employment.Am Econ J Econ Policy. 2022; 14: 34-60https://doi.org/10.1257/pol.20190509
- A nonmarket valuation approach to estimating the welfare effects of food pantry services.Am J Agric Econ. 2022; (In press. Online November 9, 2022)https://doi.org/10.1111/ajae.12355
- Factors Associated With Distance Traveled to Access Private Food Assistance in City Heights, San Diego.San Diego State University, San Diego2019 ([thesis])Accessed November 16, 2022)