Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Update.Morbid Mortal Weekly Rep. 1995; 44: 81-84
- AIDS in women in the United States.JAMA. 1997; 278: 911-916
- Human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis B virus infections in a New York City alcoholic population.J Stud Alcohol. 1992; 53: 76-79
- HIV infection and risk behaviors among heterosexuals in alcohol treatment programs.JAMA. 1994; 271: 515-518
Schliefer S, Keller S, Franklin J, LaFarge S, Miller S. HIV seropositivity in inner-city alcoholics. Hosp Commun Psychiatry 1990;41:248–9, 254.
Wingood GM, DiClemente RJ. Relationship characteristics associated with noncondom use among young adult African-American women. Am J Commun Psychol (in press).
- Behavioral risk factors for sexually transmitted diseases in American households.Social Sci Med. 1992; 34: 843-853
- Use of drugs and alcohol by homosexually active men in relation to sexual practices.J Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes. 1990; 3: 729-736
- Variables influencing condom use in a cohort of gay and bisexual men.Am J Pub Health. 1988; 78: 801-805
- Situational factors and thought processes associated with unprotected intercourse in young gay men.AIDS. 1992; 6: 1021-1030
- Early drinking onset and its association with alcohol use and problem behavior in late adolescence.Prev Med. 1996; 25: 293-300
- Incarcerated Youth.in: HIV and alcohol impairment reducing risks. University of California, San Diego, California1994: 132-136
- A review of the literature examining the relationship between alcohol use and HIV-related sexual risk-taking in young people.Addiction. 1995; 90: 319-328
- Alcohol and other substance use in STD clinic patients.Sex Transm Dis. 1994; 21: 220-225
- The impact of AIDS on an urban population of high-risk female minority adolescents.J Adolesc Health. 1994; 15: 216-227
- Condom use in multi-ethnic neighborhoods of San Francisco.Am J Pub Health. 1992; 82: 284-287
- Alcohol consumption and unsafe sex.J Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. 1991; 4: 981-986
- Intersecting epidemics: crack cocaine use and HIV infection among inner city young adults. Multicenter Crack Cocaine and HIV Infection Study Team.N Engl J Med. 1994; 24: 1422-1427
- Risk of sexually transmitted disease among Black adolescent crack users in Oakland and San Francisco, California.J Am Med Assoc. 1990; 263: 851-855
Siegal HA, Carlson RG, Falck R, Forney MA, Wang J, Li L. High-risk behaviors for transmission of syphilis and human immunodeficiency virus among crack cocaine-using women. Sex Transm Dis 1992;266–71.
- Women, alcohol and sexuality.in: Galanter M Recent developments in alcoholism in women. Plenum Press, New York1995: 267-285
- A short depression index for women.Educ Psychol Measure. 1993; 53: 1117-1125
- Reliability of retrospective assessments of sexual HIV risk behavior.AIDS Educ Prev. 1991; 3: 207-214
- Applied logistic regression. John Wiley & Sons, New York1989
U.S. Department of health and Human Services. National household survey on drug abuse: population estimates 1993. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Rockville, MD; 1994.
U.S. Department of health and Human Services. National household survey on drug abuse: population estimates 1995. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Rockville, MD; 1996.
- Relationship of alcohol use and risky sexual behavior.J Adolesc Health. 1996; 19: 321-336
- Substance use and risky sexual behavior for exposure to HIV.Am Psychol. 1993; 48: 1035-1045
- Lifetime patterns of substance abuse among general population subjects engaging in high risk sexual behaviors.Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 1990; 16: 207-222
- Determinants of condom use among junior high school students in minority inner-city school district.Pediatrics. 1991; 89: 197-202
- Maintenance of safer sexual behaviors and predictors of safer sex.Am J Pub Health. 1990; 80: 973-977
- African-American adolescents residing in high-risk urban environments do use condoms.Pediatrics. 1996; 98: 269-278
- Black women and AIDS prevention.J Sex Res. 1990; 27: 47-64
- Risk of sexually transmitted disease among black adolescent crack users in Oakland and San Francisco, California.JAMA. 1990; 263: 851-855
- High-risk behaviors for HIV.J Psychoact Drugs. 1994; 26: 233-241
- A randomized controlled social skills trial.JAMA. 1995; 274: 1271-1276