Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Projected smoking-related deaths among youth United States.MMWR. 1996; 45: 971-974
- Trends in cigarette smoking among US adolescents, 1974 through 1991.Am J Public Health. 1995; 85: 34-40
Department of Health and Human Services. Preventing tobacco use among young people: a report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta, Georgia: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office on Smoking and Health; 1994.
Federal Trade Commission. Federal Trade Commission report to Congress for 1994: pursuant to the Federal Cigarette Labeling and Advertising Act. Washington, DC: Federal Trade Commission; 1996.
- The role of products as social stimuli.J Consumer Res. 1983; 10: 319-329
- Consumer behavior and marketing strategy, 3rd ed. Irwin, Chicago1993
- Self Concept in consumer behavior.J Consumer Res. 1982; 9: 287-289
- Tobacco advertising and consumption.J Public Health Policy. 1987; 8: 492-508
- Neighborhood-based tobacco advertising targeting adolescents.West J Med. 1995; 162: 514-518
- Preventing tobacco use among young people.MMWR. 1994; 43: 1-10
- Race, sex economics and tobacco advertising.J Natl Med Assoc. 1989; 81: 1119-1124
Federal Trade Commission. Report to Congress pursuant to the Federal Cigarette Labeling and Advertising Act for the year 1989. Washington, DC: Federal Trade Commission; 1991.
- Gender and the teenage smoker.in: Ray B.A Brayde M.P Women and drugs: a new era for research NIDA Research Monograph 1987, Series 65. National Institutes of Drug Abuse, Washington, DC1987: 70-79
- Weight loss and bulimic eating behavior.South Med J. 1991; 84: 457-460
- The clinician’s role in promoting smoking cessation among clinic patients.Med Clin North Am. 1992; 76: 477-494
- Conformity development as a function of self-blame.J Pers Soc Psychol. 1970; 14: 366-374
- Disturbance in the self image of adolescence.Am Sociol Rev. 1973; 38: 553-568
- Deviant behavior. Academic Press, New York1980
- Self image and cigarette smoking in adolescence.Pers Soc Psychol Bull. 1981; 7: 670-676
- A historical analysis of tobacco marketing and the uptake of smoking by youth in the United States.Health Psychol. 1995; 14: 500-508
Department of Health and Human Services. Regulations restricting the sale and distribution of cigarettes and smokeless tobacco to protect children and adolescents: final rule. Federal Register, August 28, 1996, 21 CFR Parts 801, 803, 804, 807, 820 and 897. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Food and Drug Administration; 1996:44396–5318.
- Seventh graders reported exposure to cigarette marketing and its relationship to their smoking behavior.Am J Public Health. 1996; 86: 1216-1221
- Alcohol and cigarette advertising on billboards.Health Educ Res. 1991; 6: 487-490
- Neighborhood based tobacco advertising targeting adolescents.West J Med. 1995; 162: 514-518
- Tobacco and alcohol billboards in 50 Chicago neighborhoods.J Public Health Policy. 1995; 16: 213-230
Boston Department of Health and Hospitals. Boston neighborhood health status reports, November 1994. Boston, Massachusetts: Boston Department of Health and Hospitals, Division of Public Health, Office of Research and Health Statistics; 1994.
- Changes in the cigarette brand preferences of adolescent smokers.MMWR. 1994; 43: 577-581
Jackson DZ. Fighting the tobacco ads. Boston Globe. May 8, 1996.
- Cigarette point-of-sale advertising in ethnic neighborhoods in San Diego CA.Health Values. 1992; 16: 23-28
- Sending smoke signals to minorities.Am Med News. 1988; 3: 24-25
- Black-white differences in appeal of cigarette advertisements among adolescents.Tobacco Control. 1992; 1: 249-255
- Kids as customers. Lexington Books, New York1992
- Marketing to and through kids. McGraw-Hill, Inc, New York1993