Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- Cigarette smoking–attributable mortality and years of potential life lost-United States, 1990.MMWR. 1993; 42: 645-649
- Medical-care expenditures attributable to cigarette smoking-United States, 1993.MMWR. 1994; 43: 469-472
U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Counseling to prevent tobacco use. In: Guide to clinical preventive services. Alexandria, Virginia: International Medical Publishing, Inc.
- Cigarette smoking and progression of atherosclerosis.JAMA. 1998; 279: 119-124
Mecklenburg RE, Greenspan D, Kleinman DV, et al. Tobacco effects in the mouth. Bethesda, Maryland: U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health, 1992; NIH publication no. 86-2874.
- Smoking and injuries.Prev Med. 1994; 23: 515-520
Fiore MC, Wetter DW, Bailey WC, et al. Smoking Cessation Clinical Practice Guideline. Rockville, Maryland: Agency for Health Care Policy and Research, Public Health Service, U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services; 1996.
- Making the most of a teachable moment.Am J Public Health. 1995; 85: 231-235
- A program to help major league baseball players quit using spit tobacco.J Am Dent Assoc. 1994; 125: 559-568
Department of Health and Human Services. The health benefits of smoking cessation: a report of the Surgeon General. Rockville, Maryland: Department of Health and Human Services, 1990; publication no. DHHS (CDC) 90-8416.
- Attributes of successful smoking cessation interventions in medical practice.JAMA. 1988; 259: 2882-2889
- An analysis of the effectiveness of interventions intended to help people stop smoking.Arch Int Med. 1995; 155: 1933-1941
- Smoking cessation after surgery; a randomized trial.Arch Intern Med. 1997; 157: 1371-1376
- A comparison of sustained-release bupropion and placebo for smoking cessation.N Engl J Med. 1997; 337: 1195-1202
- A placebo-controlled study of three clonidine doses for smoking cessation.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1994; 55: 64-69
- Patient referral to a smoking cessation program.J Fam Pract. 1992; 34: 739-744
- Cigarette smoking among adults.MMWR. 1997; 46: 1217-1220
- Tobacco use and usual source of cigarettes among high school students-United States, 1995.Morbid Mortal Weekly Rep. 1996; : 413-418
- Helping women quit smoking.Am J Prev Med. 1996; 12: 367-377
Smokeless Tobacco or Health: An International Perspective. Washington, DC: US Dept. of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health; 1993; NIH publication 93-3461.
- Surveillance for selected tobacco-use behaviors.MMWR CDC Surveillance Summaries. 1994; 43: 1-43
Department of Health and Human Services. The economic implications of smoking and smoking cessation: Direct medical costs only. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Agency for Health Care Policy and Research, 1996; AHCPR publication no. 96-R078.
- Cost-effectiveness of treating nicotine dependence.Mayo Clin Proc. 1997; 72: 917-924
- Do dentists and physicians advise tobacco users to quit?.J Am Dent Assoc. 1996; 127: 259-265
☆Address reprint request to: Melissa Devlin, 1660 L Street, NW, Suite 206, Washington, DC 20036.