Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Preventive Medicine
- The taxes of sin.JAMA. 1989; 261: 1604-1609
- Cigarette taxation and the social consequences of smoking.in: Poterba J.A. Tax policy and the economy. Massachusetts Institute of Technology Press, Cambridge, Massachusetts1995: 51-101
- Medical care expenditures attributable to cigarette smoking.MMWR. 1994; 43: 469-472
- Quantifying the disease impact of cigarette smoking with SAMMEC II software.Public Health Rep. 1991; 106: 326-333
- Trends and effects of cigarette smoking among girls and women in the United States, 1965–1993.J Am Med Wom Assoc. 1996; 51: 11-18
- Pre-pregnancy risk factors of small-for-gestational age births among parous women in Scandinavia.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1993; 72: 273-279
- Effect of age, parity, and smoking on pregnancy outcome.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 168: 16-21
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (USDHHS). Advance report of maternal and infant health data from the birth certificate, 1990. Monthly Vital Statistics Report, 1993:42(2)(suppl):1–31. Publication no. (PHS) 93-1120.
- Effect of maternal cigarette smoking on pregnancy complications and sudden infant death syndrome.J Fam Pract. 1995; 40: 1-10
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (USDHHS). Advance report of maternal and infant health data from the birth certificate, 1990. Monthly Vital Statistics Report, 1993;42(2)(suppl):1–31. Publication no. (PHS) 93-1120.
- Cigarette smoking in pregnancy and risk of pre-eclampsia.J Hum Hypertens. 1994; 8: 771-775
- Cigarettes, coffee, and preter premature rupture of the membrances.Am J Epidemiol. 1992; 135: 895-903
- Maternal risk factors and associated fetal conditions.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1993; 72: 633-639
- Risk factors for abruptio placentae.Am J Epidemiol. 1991; 134: 965-972
- The relationship between exposure during pregnancy to cigarette smoking and cocaine use and placenta previa.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1994; 170: 884-889
- Maternal smoking and placenta previa.Epidemiology. 1991; 2: 221-223
- Increased risk of ectopic pregnancy with maternal cigarette smoking.Am J Public Health. 1991; 81: 199-201
- The effect of cigarette smoking, Chlamydia trachomatis infection, and vaginal douching on ectopic pregnancy.Obstet Gynecol. 1992; 79: 85-90
- Cigarette smoking and preeclampsia.Obstet Gynecol. 1993; 81: 541-544
- Risk factors for preeclampsia in healthy nulliparous women.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1995; 172: 642-648
Castles A, Adams EK, Melvin C, Kelsch K. Maternal outcomes affected by smoking during pregnancy: a meta-analysis. Draft Manuscript. Atlanta, Georgia: Centers for Disease Control, Division of Reproductive Health; January 1997.
- Ectopic Pregnancy: United States. 1990–1992; Current trends.MMWR. 1995; 44: 46-48
- Correlates of placental abruption.Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 1987; 94: 333-340
- Mortality in the United States.Obstet Gynecol. 1988; 72: 91-97
- Medical-care expenditures attributable to cigarette smoking during pregnancy.MMWR. 1997; 46: 1048-1050
- Statistical methods for meta-analysis. Academic Press, New York1985