- Several studies of nonfatal firefighter injuries have been conducted but are limited by the inclusion criteria used and coverage. The aim of this study was to enhance current knowledge by providing national estimates of nonfatal injuries to firefighters treated in U.S. emergency departments.
- Limited studies exist that describe nonfatal work-related injuries to law enforcement officers. The aim of this study is to provide national estimates and trends of nonfatal injuries to law enforcement officers from 2003 through 2014.
- Suicide rates have risen considerably in recent years. National workplace suicide trends have not been well documented. The aim of this study is to describe suicides occurring in U.S. workplaces and compare them to suicides occurring outside of the workplace between 2003 and 2010.
- Migrant farmworkers are at risk for heat-related illness (HRI) at work.
- Although traumatic brain injury (TBI) is one of the leading causes of death and disability in the U.S., work-related TBI has not been well documented.